PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything wrong with a grilled chicken burger

KenShamrock
04-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Hey.

I was woundering if there was anything wrong with burger kings new grilled chicken whopper. Like with no mayo...its just grilled chicken with tomato, letuce and a bun, Is there anything wrong with it.

Thanx

Mark
04-06-2002, 12:50 AM
Just the bun. Throw this away and eat the rest.

syntekz
04-06-2002, 07:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing. It's most likely white bread. But the rest is good.

KenShamrock
04-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Hey how much protein do u think is in one of those chicken patties.

D&G
04-07-2002, 04:03 AM
I think that would be a bit silly to throw away the bun, just because it is mae with white flower and has a high GI the fat content of the entire meal would make that less important. Too many people are hung up on the specific GI of foods, if your not on a diet and your eating a meal consisting of carbs, fat and protein it is not so important.

Jane
04-07-2002, 09:39 AM
The bun isn't the greatest, 2 slices of whole grain bread would be better, but it's really not that big of a deal. Just a little more sugar and no fiber as opposed to no sugar and a little fiber.

Tryska
04-07-2002, 10:12 AM
the bun sucks, because it's high in sugar, fat, and salt. it's the most damaging part of the entire meal.

skip the bun, eat the lettus and tomato, and the chicken filet.

i'm guessing round about 30g of protein int hat.

Tryska
04-07-2002, 10:14 AM
actually my mom keeps raving that you can get a salad, and one of this fillets by themselves for like a grand totalt of 2 bucks or soemthing.

she keeps telling me to try it, but you might wanna go give that a shot, sicne your more willing to give bk your money.

D&G
04-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Unless your on a cutting diet (in which case you should close your eyes when going past a BK) I really don't think one white bun is anything to lose sleep over. I know its not good but in the context of the meal which has protein, carbs and fat I wouldn't worry about it, if you have a good diet where the majority of carbs are whole-grain then a white bun now and then is no big deal. When I chowed down the other day into a XL double bacon cheeseburger, fries and chicken dippers the white bun didn't seem to matter so much (last day of bulking I'm excused)