PDA

View Full Version : Phil's journal - Starting 1/5/2009

Wannabelean
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Wooo, I haven't posted here in a long time! I've been maintaining weight and doing light workouts for the past several months due to a very bad lower back injury. I'm finally healed up as much as I am going to heal and I am ready to get back into it like the ole days.

Luckily I was able to run without much pain and maintained a weight of about 220lbs. I also participated in some crossfit workouts that didn't involve heavy weights that would affect my lower back and more or less, got hooked.

I will be following WOD's from www.crossfit.com as well as www.crossfitendurance.com to whip my ass into shape.

Starting weight:

1/04/2009 - 5'8" - 223lbs

Goals by 4/05/2009:

Body weight of 185-190lbs.
5K in under 24 minutes (current best is 24:17)

Losing the rest of this unhealthy fat is the most important goal, and I plan to do this using crossfit along with a Zone diet of 18 blocks per day.

Ahh, it's good to be back.

Wannabelean
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
1/5/2009

Bodyweight: 219lbs

Today's workout: "Murph" (from www.crossfit.com)

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Partitioned reps for 20 sets of 5 (pull ups), 10 (push ups), and 15 (Squats).

Total time: 46:13

My first mile run was 7:23 and the last mile was around 9:40.

This is not a very good time, but the first time I attempted this workout (about 2 months ago), I could not finish and I was already over an hour into the workout.

Coke
01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow Phil, this type of training will get you into excellent condition - glad to see you go at it like this.

Wannabelean
01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey CoCoa, thanks a lot! I see you are still tearing it up out there! haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1/6/2009

Body weight: 218.4

AM workout from crossfitendurance.com:

3/4 mile run on 7% incline - rest 1 minute - another 3/4 run on a 7% incline. First set was 8:17 and the last set was 8:10. Running on an incline is a lot more difficult than I expected.

PM workout from crossfit.com:

"With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed."

Couldn't get to the gym, so I used a 24kg kettlebell and performed reps of clean and jerk with each arm. I increased the rest/set time to 1:30 since I was doing single arm clean and jerk.

Got to ten reps (10 rounds) and I was unable to continue further.

Kiaran
01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
What's up, man. Just wanted to say good luck with your goals and don't die doing the crossfit WODs. Those things cab be vicious (i.e. Murph). Your mile runs actually were pretty impressive.

Wannabelean
01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey, thanks man! The crossfit WOD's are crazy, maybe one day I'll be able to complete a workout without feeling like death is lingering right behind me.

----------------------------------------------------------------
1/7/2009
Weight: 217.4
Zone/paleo: 18 blocks

Workout today from crossfitendurance.com:

Not as rx'd because I was struggling like an SOB after the first 2 miles for some reason. I figured I shouldn't push it since running 6 miles isn't exactly my thing anyway.

2 miles- 16:20
Rest 5 minutes
1 mile- 8:34
Rest 3 minutes
1 mile- 8:46

Kiaran
01-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Haha, when I did crossfit it was rare for me to actually complete the WOD as Rx'd. Some of them you are all excited to see what the WOD is gonna be and then you see it and just laugh or go "oh my- what?" Don't starve to death on the Zone, bro. Just carry some sticks of butter or a bottle of olive oil around with you for when you're feeling like extra calories, since they don't need balancing blocks :D Seriously though, don't starve. Great time on the 2 mile run, btw. I'd be happy with anything under 18 minutes personally.

Wannabelean
01-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Kiaran,

Yeah, the Zone calories do seem a bit low, but when I read the book, his reasoning for this made sense. I am carrying some flubber and I haven't noticed severe hunger, yet. This is going on day 6 of very strict Zoning and I feel pretty good. I will increase the fat, or tweak the numbers some once I start feeling "off" during the day.

Keep tearing it up in the gym, man! Thanks for checking in.

1/8/2009

Body weight- 217.2

WOD - crossfit.com

Deadlift 5X3

This is one of the first times I have done deadlifts since being back in the gym. There was some pain, so I switched to sumo style deadlifts and that seemed to help. I'm happy with these considering the circumstances.

225X3, 275X3, 315X3, 335X3, 335X3, 335X1

1/9/2009

Bodyweight- 218lbs

WOD - Crossfit.com

Hang Power Cleans- 7X1

Same deal heal, I'm still getting used to rapid movements, so I'm pretty happy here, as well.

135X1, 145X1, 160X1, 170X1, 175X1, 175X0.5, 175X1, 175X0.5

I missed 175 twice and my form was a bit off, so I couldn't flip the bar. I'm hoping to see big increases in both the deadlift as well as clean and press movements in the near future.

Kiaran
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Not too shabby on those deads, bro. Especially if you haven't touched them in awhile. You're gonna have some back DOMS for sure :D Yeah, I read the Zone book as well and tried it out for about 6 weeks. I went broke buying produce. A common complaint and problem of the Zone is too few calories. The absolute best book on "dieting" that I've ever read is "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", by Tom Venuto. Here is a link, I highly recommend spending the $40 and checking it out: http://www.burnthefat.com/ There is no bull**** program, no special foods to buy and it's just real stuff, straight to the point and covers EVERYTHING. My last cut was done with his methods and left me exactly where I wanted to be. Check it out, bro.

Wannabelean
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Not too shabby on those deads, bro. Especially if you haven't touched them in awhile. You're gonna have some back DOMS for sure :D Yeah, I read the Zone book as well and tried it out for about 6 weeks. I went broke buying produce. A common complaint and problem of the Zone is too few calories. The absolute best book on "dieting" that I've ever read is "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle", by Tom Venuto. Here is a link, I highly recommend spending the $40 and checking it out: http://www.burnthefat.com/ There is no bull**** program, no special foods to buy and it's just real stuff, straight to the point and covers EVERYTHING. My last cut was done with his methods and left me exactly where I wanted to be. Check it out, bro.

You're not kidding about the cost of buying produce! Since I stopped eating grains and processed food with the zone, I am eating a minimum of 10 cups of broccoli or kale per day + 2-3 cups of grapes or a few apples per day.

I will definitely check that book out, hopefully I can find it cheap on Amazon or something. It's kind of funny how we always seem to follow fat loss programs from Dr's or diet experts who look like they have never lifted a weight before.. I guess I never really thought of that until now.

Wannabelean
01-10-2009, 09:07 AM
1/10/2009 - BW: 216.4lbs - Zone 18 Blocks.

4 rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
15 modified a tad handstand pushups (tip of toes on high box)
15 pull ups

Total time: 19:38

Rest 10 minutes.
--------------------------

Crossfitendurance workout.

3 rounds of 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and 1 mile intervals. Rest amount of time it takes to complete the first interval before moving to the next one.

I did this on the bike because it was crappy outside and the treadmil probably wouldn't be the best place to do the 100m, 200m, and then 400m. It was incredibly boring and I will find a way to run instead of bike in the future.

Total time with rest periods: 44 minutes.

I feel great besides that. My body is meshing really well with the zone on 18 blocks. I felt lethargic and then hungry yesterday later in the afternoon and evening, but that is only because I have been having a really difficult time sleeping lately. After I ate my evening meal, hunger subsided. My workouts have been good, and I can see a slight difference in the mirror, even though most of the lbs lost have been water.

Wannabelean
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
1/11/2009 - BW: 217.4lbs - Zone 18 blocks. Day 8 of "The Zone"

CFE workout: Cover as many miles as possible in 35 minutes.

Total mileage in 35 minutes: 4.05 miles

Cravings for sweets and other nonsense are completely gone at this point. I went to a football party with tons of bad food choices all around me. I brought my own home cooked food to the party, which was a little weird, but it was much better than the alternative. So far I am kicking butt and well on my way to achieving my goals for April.

Coke
01-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Truly on the mark to being in great shape and looking your best this summer.

Wannabelean
01-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Coke!

1/12/2009

Still feeling great, weight hasn't moved much, but I can feel a difference.

Today's workout started out with 16 rounds of sprints with 10 second sprints followed by 20 seconds rest.

Next I just did a combination of kettlebell exercises mixed in with body weight pullups since I couldn't get my butt in the gym this morning (couldn't find my damn keys).

The sprints were good, but my kettlebell and pullup workout was mediocre, nothing to be proud of. Front squats and some other odds and ends tomorrow morning.

Wannabelean
01-13-2009, 05:57 AM
1/13/2009 - Day 10

BW: 217.8lbs - Zone 18 blocks

Front squats: 5X5

185X5
205X5
225X5
240X3
225X5

Lower back was tight/stiff throughout front squats even after a thorough warmup.

Hyperextenions: BWX20, 20, 20
right into a plank after each set:
Plank: 1 min, 1 min, 38 seconds.

Standing medicine ball twists things: 12lbsX12 reps

Gotta work on my core, it's definitely a weak area right now.

Coke
01-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Them are some killer rounds of sprints man, not too many can even hang with that.

Wannabelean
01-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Coke, the sprints are pretty cool. I probably look funny doing them on my street, but hey, gotta do what we gotta do!

1/14/2009 - Zone 18 blocks

BW: 216.8lbs

AM work out-

From crossfit.com:

Run 5k for time.

Total time: 26:05

Not very happy with this time, but the rolling hills were killings my quads that were experiencing some serious DOMS this morning. Good workout nonetheless.

PM workout- From crossfitendurance.com:

Sprint/Recover: 3 rounds of (20sec/60sec, 20sec/50sec, 20sec/40sec, 20sec/30sec, 20sec/20sec, 20sec/10sec) Start next round after 10 sec rest...

EEK, should be fun! This is day 11 of my attempt to kick sugar and all of the processed crap out of my diet. So far, I have had no cravings that were so bad that I caved in. Maybe I really am "in the zone." Of course, I am eating 10 cups of broccoli and/or kale per day, so it's kind of hard to get hungry after all of that food. Overall, I feel great. Energy is up throughout the day, hunger is down. I can go through the day without crashing due to eating too much sugar or crappy food. It just feels good.

Kiaran
01-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you're making progress, bro. I definitely couldn't do 10 cups of kale and broccoli for very long, lol. That must have taken some serious will power to avoid the junk food at a football party. I imagine pizza, wings, dips, beer, etc. Your running times look really good. You ever get shin splints?

Coke
01-15-2009, 05:33 AM
Glad to see you tweak your diet to good effect...awesome session(s).

Wannabelean
01-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Kiaran- Thanks man. I have only had one problem with my legs and that was mid 2008 when I managed to blow up to 247lbs or so. Around that time I injured my Achilles tendon pretty bad while running and that affected me for several months.. I don't think I've ever gotten shin splits, but I am sure they will come sooner or later. How about you?

Coke- Thanks big man!

1/15/2009 - Zone diet

BW: Don't know, my lady talked me in to weighing in "biggest loser" style with her once per week. We chose Saturday morning as the weigh in for each week, so I'll post my weight then.

Workout from crossfitendurance.com:

Run another friggin 5k for time:

Total time: 25:53

Darn legs are still sore and I was struggling through this workout as well. Hopefully there are no 3 + miles runs scheduled anytime soon.

Kiaran
01-15-2009, 09:54 PM
lol, I love "The Biggest Loser". America finally has a show that gets people up off their asses right? My wife and I watch that **** all the time. I get shin splints sometimes if I overdo the running or jump roping. They go away quick though. I'm more for the short distance bursts though; always have been. You can keep your 5ks :)

Wannabelean
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Haha, of course I don't agree with their training styles long term, but these people need to be get whipped in to shape somehow. 5K's suck big time, man, but it's really motivating trying to beat previous times and seeing all of the hard work pay off!

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle to stay 100% on my diet because I left work early and spent several hours out at a Metallica concert! I did bring my last meal of beef jerkey, dried fruit and almonds with me, but I ate dinner out with them. I had a crab cake, rice pilaf and steamed veggies. Surprising this was a pretty zone like meal and I felt good until they ordered freaking dessert (bread pudding). I had two spoon fulls are put the silverware down.

I think I showed good control in the midst of all of the temptation and burned off a ton of calories at the concert anyway. I am excited to see my weight tomorrow morning.

Too tired to workout this morning, but I'll tear it up tonight. That's enough thoughts for now, but I'll leave with this. Metallica ROCKS!

Kiaran
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Heh, cool deal with the Metallica concert and all. I'd say the sheer fact that you were aware what you ate during a concert means that you are doing great. I would have ****ed that all up. Hope the weigh in goes well. I better have gained some ****ing weight this week or I'm gonna....have to eat more...

Wannabelean
01-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Eatttttt man!!! haha..

Today's weight- 216.6lbs.. Boooo.. I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed, but I may have been holding some water this morning. Hopefully there will be a bigger drop next week. I still see results after only a little over 6lbs lost, so I'm not too discouraged.

However, I will be eating a cheat meal tonight during the UFC PPV. This is much different than my diets of old where I would cheat the ENTIRE day or even the entire weekend and usually ruin my week worth of work with a crazy food binge. I worked out two times today to make room for a few extra calories.

Workout 1 in the AM:

For time 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 rep rounds of:
Virtual shoveling [wmv] [mov]
Pull-ups

With an Olympic bar holding only one plate (men use 45 pound plate, women use 25 pound plate), touch the plate on one side of the barrier then the other for one "rep." Barrier is 24."

Total time: 26:30

Workout # 2 in the evening:

I forgot to print out the workout from crossfit, so I did a bit of what I could remember even though I was way off. I was pretty beat prior to starting this workout, so I'm glad I did a wayyyy scaled down version. This was my first time doing ring dips, so that was a lot more difficult, but fun nonetheless.

A1: Power cleans: 155X 15, 12, 10
A2: Ring dips: BWX 30, 20, 10

As many rests as needed to hit my target reps in each set.

Total time: Weak as crap 16:28

I felt like doing some curls so I did two sets.

DB Curl: 45X10
DB Hammer curl: 50X10

Coke
01-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Good deal on the cheat meal, lol...bet the UFC fights were super.

Wannabelean
01-18-2009, 03:49 PM
UFC was pretty boring this time around, but the cheat meal cured any cravings I might have had (even though I didn't really have any cravings for it to begin with).

1/18/2009

Zone - 16-18 blocks

AM workout:

From crossfit.com

Overhead squat: 5X3

This was my first time doing the overhead squat, so there is much more room for improvement here. I could have gone heavier, but I was a bit uncomfortable with a lot of weight overhead while squatting down.

95X3, 115X3, 135X3, 135X3, 145X3

I did a few rotator cuff exercises and some plyometric stuff just to mess around after these, nothing worth jotting down though.

P.M. workout from crossfitendurance.com:

Intervals - 2 minutes as fast as possible and 1 minute rest for 6 rounds.

This was a good workout, but I was struggling because it was so damn cold outside. The cold air made it really hard to keep a steady hard pace, but I plowed through it and ended up with a good workout. I started to do this workout inside, but since our heat stopped working last night, we have no heat and were forced to plug in a few space heaters. Each time I kicked the speed and incline up on the treadmill, I would trip the breaker. This wasn't productive, so I took it outside to freeze my ass off.

Diet is still going well, but I've been feeling a bit lethargic lately. I'm not sure if I am overtraining or if it's just the lack of overall calories. I'll see how I feel in the days to come and take some time off if necessary.

Wannabelean
01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
1/19/2009

Diet: Zone - 18 blocks

Perform 10-20 reps each exercise, rest 30 seconds between exercises and 1 minute between each circuit.

A1. Bar dips: (Round 1: 20 reps, Round 2: 20 reps, Round 3 14 reps)
A2. Hyperextensions: 20 reps all three rounds
A3. Pull ups: 10 reps all three rounds
A4. Lunges: 20 reps per leg all three rounds
A5. Stand ab twist with 25lb plate: 20 reps per side all three rounds.

Misc. pull ups and ab stuff after this workout since I worked out with an old friend today. This workout felt good, like old times.

Tonight I will do cardio for 20 minutes, running as far as possible in 20 minutes.

Wannabelean
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Cardio didn't workout quite as planned because my GPS was crapping out on me intermittently. I actually ran for a little over 25 minutes and the GPS read 2.75 miles. This is off by up to a 1/4 mile because there was well over a minute where the GPS lost signal and didn't register anything but time. When I finally got back on a road, the GPS found a signal again and starting counting distance, so accuracy definitely wasn't on spot, but this was a good workout in the freezing cold nonetheless.

Coke
01-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Killer stuff for both days man, awesome seeing you get out there in deep freeze weather.

Kiaran
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I missed the fight this month. Who fought and who won? Pretty impressive numbers with the OH Squats, especially for your first time doing them. Those things make me feel like I'm trying to juggle while squatting or something. Hope your heat got fixed, that sucks. You are most likely not overtraining btw. Like I told ya, The Zone is for people that like starving to death, not for non-average people that like to workout 4-5 times a week. Keep those calories up and you'll feel better! For your running outdoors, just go to Google and lookup the "Google Pedometer". It is a pretty badass little web app that lets you mark out a trail using their satalite images and stuff. I used it to figure out exact one-mile and 5K runs around my neighborhood.

Wannabelean
01-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks Coke, Kiaran.

The two main events were Rich Franklin VS Dan Henderson (Henderson won by decision) and Mark Coleman VS Mauricio Shogun Rua (Rua won that one, but not by much).

Thanks for the info about the pedometer, that works out great, much less of a PITA then my GPS being unreliable back in the sticks. You were right, I am not overtrained, I was more mentally drained from work, which was affecting everything else.

Diet is still going great, but I did cheat and weigh myself this morning, woops! 214.8lbs woooohoooo..

1/21/2009

Ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. My 2 mile time was a personal best at 15:37 which I am happy with and I just slowed down and finished the 20 minutes with a total of 2.5 miles. I'm definitely in the best shape I have ever been in.

1/22/2009

Started with crossfit warmup of squats, pushups, and pull ups for 3 rounds each.

Hang Power Cleans again for 7X1

135X1, 155X1, 165X1, 165X1, 175X3/4 (same thing as last week, weird form), 175X1, 175X1, 175X1

This is an improvement from last time I did these about 2 weeks ago. I think I missed 175 twice and only completed 2 sets of 1 rep. This time I barely missed once and completed 3 good sets of 1. Not sure if this is a strength increase or better form, but it's improvement either way.

Just for fun I did a set of pull ups at the end:

Pull ups: 218lbs w/ gym attire X 16 (I could add the sloppy last half rep, but I'm not going to).
135X

Wannabelean
01-22-2009, 06:02 AM
School starts today, let's hope I can stay on track throughout this semester, school stress has always caused more binge days than anything else. I feel like I have finally beat binge eating (the reason most of my family is obese), or at least found a way to pin it down for a long time.

Coke
01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Good luck with school this semester and in general bro, no reason why you can't keep things in check.

Wannabelean
01-22-2009, 10:39 PM
YEp, gotta keep it rollin, Coke!

I can't freaking sleep tonight, not sure why, but I am sure I will be paying for it during work tomorrow.

1/22/2209 PM workout

Sprints: 20 Seconds on, 5 seconds off for 20 rounds..

Wooooo, this was freaking hard! My sprints were looking like pathetic jogs after the first couple of rounds.

1/23/2009 in the AM if I can wake up will be a 10k (6.2 mile) run for time. Hopefully I can get up, but if not I'm hoping for enough steam to complete this in the evening if need be.

Coke
01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Nice job man, sprints are tough.

Wannabelean
01-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah, no doubt about that!

10k after work tonight..

6.2 miles in 58:21

I could have gone faster than this, but I stopped a few times when the GPS was acting up and I didn't get into the groove until the 4th mile really haha. I never seem to get motivated when running over 2 miles, but these runs are good to toss in once in a while when called for. I actually went further than 6.2 miles because I passed the road that I parked my car on, but I only timed myself for the 10k. I walked/jogged for at least another mile in addition to that. I am looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow.

Wannabelean
01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Weigh in this morning at 8:30am, 1/24/2009.

Body weight: 211.2lbs!!!

I haven't been this light as far as weight goes since I was about 12 years old. I'm finally on the right track and looking forward to hitting all of my goals for the months to come.

Wannabelean
01-24-2009, 02:14 PM
1/24/2009

3 rounds of:

1/4 mile run
30 situps
Deadlift: 250X15

Total time: 24 minutes

This was supposed to be 5 rounds, but my lower back and legs were really fatigued. This is probably mostly from the run yesterday, and there was no way I wanted to risk any injuries especially when I am progressing so well right now.

Either way, this was a great workout for me. Doing some more sprints tonight.

Kiaran
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Congrats, you're losing weight like a champ, bro. And a 10K in under an hour is pretty awesome I think. **** would probably take me closer to 90 minutes. Very nice job, reward yourself for that one. Also, 250x15 on Deadlifts...yeah **** that. Get me a trashcan to throwup in, lol.

Coke
01-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Those rounds were quite intense dude, props.

Wannabelean
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys. I've been struggling pretty bad lately as far as energy goes. I'm getting close to 2,000 calories per day, and I am crashing AFTER I eat. It is really frustrating and this has been a problem in the past, but no doctor can figure out why this is happening. Other than that, fat loss is going well, but weight training workouts have been kind of lack luster because I am running out of steam.

Today: 1/26/2009

Misc. BW workout as I was short I time this morning. Did as many reps and sets as I could of pull ups, squats, lunges and push ups in 20 minutes.

School is already kicking my butt, but that was to be expected.

P.M. Workout:

Run 1.5 miles - Rest 5 minutes - Run another 1.5 miles. Try not to deviate more than 90 seconds between runs.

First 1.5 mile: 11:34
Second 1.5 mile: 12:04

Kiaran
01-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Dude, you've been kicking ass and going pretty strong for a bit now. Sounds to me like it might be time to throttle back a little and catch up on those zzzs. Human body has unique ways of letting us know when it's really ****ing tired, you know? Get a couple extra hours each night this week if possible, bro. It really will help. Damn fine times on those runs as usual too!

Coke
01-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Got to have a strong mind and body to pull off what you are doing with such low cals.

Really like seeing you go at it Phil, hard work pays off.

Wannabelean
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate you checking in and keeping me going.

I took yesterday off and caught up on my sleep. Work has been stressful, but my energy seems to be coming back a bit.

1/28/2009

"Crossfit total" which is, max squat, max shoulder press and max deadlift. All three of these exercises tax my lower back which we know if a problem area of mine as I am recovering from an injury. With that being said, I am happy with the weights I was able to use and these weren't really maxes, really they were just what I felt comfortable with so I don't re-injure my lower back.

Squat- 185X1, 225X1, 275X1, 315X1 (easy), 335X1 (still had more to go, but my back felt a little weird).

Shoulder press (strict) - 135X1, 155X1, 185X1 - I can't say this was easy, but it's hard to stabilize things over my head with my lower back injury. Felt good either way, I probably good have done a bit more.

Deadlift - 225X1, 275X1, 315X1, 365X1 (easy), 385X1 (still pretty easy, but pushing my comfort level for right now).

All in all, I was happy with these numbers, I know I have more in me, but I am going to build my core strength back up before increasing weights too much.

Pull ups- BWX15, rest 1 minute, 10

Dips- BWX25, rest 30 seconds, 8 boooo.

Intervals: Run 1 minute, walk 1 minute, run 1 minute, walk 50 seconds, run 1 minute, walk 40 seconds, run 1 minute, walk 30 seconds, run 1 minute, walk 20 seconds, run 1 minute, walk 10 seconds and then work my way back up the ladder.

Good workout all around.

Kiaran
01-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Damn, super strong moves, bro. That shoulder press is sick. I always tweak my lower back while doing heavy Milies. The trick I've found is to wear a belt, and pull your stomach towards your back (fully engage your abs) to keep from hyperextending that lordodic curve. You've been working like a madman lately!

Coke
01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Training smart and not overreaching...the numbers are nice as are the running/walking intervals.

Wannabelean
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys, I've been working hard and increased my calories a bit since I was feeling like ****. Actually, I went all out for a few days and my energy came back, maybe I was calorie deprived.

BW on Saturday was 210.2lbs.

1/30/2009

Warm up: 10 minutes on the treadmill - 1.12 miles

Five rounds for time: 16:13

30 Decline situps
25 hyperextensions

-----------------------

15 pull ups since there were some hot chicks near the pull up station.

Some misc. curls.

1 arm shoulder press: 50X10, short rest, 60X6

60 minutes on the treadmill: 6.53 miles.

Been super busy and stressed with school, work, dieting and planning a wedding. Some workouts (and dieting) have been taking a back seat and I need to find a way to fit everything in. I don't know what is more stressful, missing workouts or trying to prepare all of this freaking food for dieting. It's a pain in the ass when time is limited.

Coke
02-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Preparing the food in advance will really pay off to help get that look you want, good deal man with that and with the wedding plans - wish you all the best!!

Wannabelean
02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
2/2/2009

Warm up of:

2 sets of 10:

Pull ups, squats and push ups.

"Elizabeth"

21-15-9 reps of:

Ring dips
Cleans

Total time: 9:29

A1: One Arm Shoulder press: 50X12, 10, 6
A2: Pull ups: 7, 6, 5

Very short rest between sets.

Then:

Planks- Hold for 30 seconds-1 minute, 3 sets.

Good workout, good job dieting for the most part today. Getting into a routine with school and everything. Stress seems to be going down some, thankfully.

Thanks, Coke!

Kiaran
02-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Glad you're feeling better. No doubt you were a bit low on the cals. Did you catch the UFC fight this weekend? Thing was pretty good. Penn got his ass CRUSHED. St. Pier is rediculous and looks like he's in about 10x better shape than Penn, lol. I hear ya on having the time to prepare food. It's like a second ****ing job sometimes. Looks like you did pretty good on "Elizabeth". That one was always sorta fun. Although 21 full cleans is just nasty.

Coke
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Things are flowing better for you overall, good deal bro...liking the effort.

Wannabelean
02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah man, I definitely watched that arrogant little bastard BJ Penn get his tail whipped. GSP trains harder than any UFC man, haha. That guy is a freaking machine, 5% body fat, supreme conditioning, power, world class skills in every aspect of the game. He will be at the top for a while, as long as his body can withstand the training at least. At some point, I'd imagine our bodies can't handle working out for 6 to 8 hours a day!

I couldn't do 21 cleans non stop, I stopped at 15 to catch my breath because I knew I had to do ring dips, too. It was a good workout and I finally saw some big vein running down my biceps. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a vein on the outside of my bicep before, so that was motivating for me.

The UFC was pretty boring except for the last 2 fights. I like seeing knockouts and early stoppage, but as I said, it was nice to see BJ Penn get destroyed. He is a flexible sucker though.

Wannabelean
02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
2/3/2009 - As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

Run 400 meters (1/4 mile)
Pull ups

I feel like a sloth today, but I pushed through this workout anyway.

8 rounds total in 20 minutes, pull up reps looked like this:

Round 1: 15
Round 2: 12
Round 3: 10
Round 4: 8
Round 5: 7
Round 6: 7
Round 7: 7
Round 8: 7

Thanks for the support guys.. I am struggling to get my stuff together still, it's kind of pissing me off. I was fine until school got thrown back in the mix, then I lost focus. As mentioned in previous posts, it's coming together and I am sure I can make it happen.

Coke
02-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Rounds are looking super, really in stride man.

Kiaran
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Hell yeah, GSP is a machine. Definitely was great to see BJ get squashed, although I wonder if he really is as big a douche as he is made out to be.

Hang in there, man. WBB isn't going anywhere and just post when you find the time. 8 rounds of that **** sounds nasty. Were the pullups just to fatigue? Sounds like xFit to do something like that.