PDA

View Full Version : NHE- Yes or No?

Titan
04-05-2002, 09:44 PM
I have just started NHE. I am almost done with the carb depletion, and feel like ****. I have also just read the article, regarding carb depletion diets, and am considering aborting this diet.

Which of you guys have tried NHE, and what were your results?
What do you think of the diet?
What are its good points and bad points?

I really need your opinions.
Thanks

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 10:08 PM
>> I am almost done with the carb depletion, and feel like ****.

Maybe that should be your answer.

Titan
04-05-2002, 10:15 PM
thanks bro...

Is it a good way to lose fat though?
I have just decided that i will not use it to gain muscle, but is it a good choice for fat loss?

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 10:46 PM
I don't know - many people say so, but when you look at their diet, it's just really low in calories, so of course they're losing weight. Talk to Mark though, he seems to claim he had an inability to lose weight while eating low cal w/carbs, but who knows if he was accurately counting calories.

My biggest objection to NHE is that people load their menu up w/unhealthy fats, that and the fact that going into ketosis is supposedly not healthy at all.

04-05-2002, 10:54 PM
NHE isn't a ketosis diet.

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 11:00 PM
True. Sorry, I was referring to low carb in general there, but you actually can go into ketosis on NHE as well.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 12:10 AM
My carbs lately have been so f*cking low like under ~20g per day. The crazy f*cking thing is that Rob says that water soluble fruit is totally okay on non-refeed days in moderation. Like strawberries and apples etc. Also I am going to add a cup of oatmeal postworkout to really help with muscle glycogen replenishment. ;);)

MS

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-06-2002, 05:28 AM
Titan, the book tell you to expect to feel a bit rouhg when you make the metabolic shift. Your body will sort itself out.

And marshall, there you go again with the unhealthy fat business. The book advocates getting down omega-3 and EPA & DHA and all good fats, but this is also a diet for people who find it hard to diet. It gives them a bit of liberation and lets them eat foods they also enjoy.

Seriously dude, buy the book!

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 08:11 AM
Chicken - totally agreeing with you, I just think that most people that are dieting this way aren't going to be taking in their fat via healthy methods. I may be completely off-base here. Sorry.

the doc
04-06-2002, 08:32 AM
exactly chicken, Rob mixes some motivational aspects with dietary frame work

It is like he builds the frame of the house - limiting the number of rooms, giving the overall structure- but leaves it to the dieter to fill in everything else. He wants it to be a universal diet that even the daftest of sods could follow. That is the reason he doesn't want you to count cals... of couse you can anyhow but many people wouldn't like the idea of counting cals, thus they abandon dieting as a whole and go back to fast food.

the principles of down cycle days of NHE are the same as Dr. barry sears in the Zone diet and many a grandmother have espoused... Have a serving size amount of protein, eat your green vegetables , drink your cod liver oil, and no sweets

The thing is that insulin is both beneficial and deleterious. Rod includes carb ups simply to facilitate anaerobic activity and recovery and thereby stimulating more fatloss

Titan
04-06-2002, 07:55 PM
*bump*