PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Starting

ohteacher
01-05-2009, 01:02 PM
The background: I'm 37 years old, 5'6" and about 195 lbs. I've pushed weights around a little in the past, but nothing that I think could be called serious lifting. So . . . this year I decided to get more serious and follow a plan -- WBB 1.1.
Since it can at times be hard to see myself clearly, I wanted to post pictures to track progress and to get comments on where I am starting from and what I need to pay attention to.
Goals and motivation: As a high school teacher, I think that some students (especially young men) will give some respect to a teacher based on physical attributes, especially during first interactions with them before they learn that I respect them and when they might not respect and trust aspects of who I am that relate more to teaching. My height is not exactly going to give me the physical presence (most of my students are taller than I), so I figure I need to look to other types of size.
Also, I'd just like to be able to take the shirt off without concern this summer (posting these pictures is hard, but hopefully motivating).
Thanks.

Cards
01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
routine? diet?

ohteacher
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Routine: WBB 1.1
Diet: Eat, then eat more. Actually, since I'm just starting, I'm trying to get a sense of what my caloric intake is right now. I'll then adjust.

fpr
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Wow, you're 195lbs at 5'6? I don't see it.

ohteacher
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
I've always been heavier than I look. I don't get it either, but it is what it is.