PDA

View Full Version : How Long To Cut/Bulk

seanilles
04-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey there,

Well, I've gotta say I've learned an incredible amount from just moping around the forums and reading the articles on the main page. I've bought myself some supplements (creatine, glutamine, glucosamine, and whey protein) and I've committed myself to one of the already established workout routines. I plan on starting my official program this monday (I'll post some before pics then), and I've determined I definetly need a cutting diet for now. I was wondering how long I should cut for? Three months? Two months? One month? I'm pretty weak right now in my lifts, my basal metabolic rate is 2235, so I figured to loose a significent amount of body fat quickly (I'm hoping to lose about 8% or so in about 3 months), I'd have to cut my caloric intake to around 1900, including intense weight training, and a mixture of short duration, and long duration cardio. What do you all think? My long term goals are to get my body fat down to around 6% and to be very well built and lean, but not ungodly large, just "big". Any help appeciated, thanks alot!

04-05-2002, 09:48 PM
my favorite method now is to to cut down to 8%, bulk for 8 weeks, cut again for 8 weeks bringing me to 8% again, and bulk, cut again, etc..

this way fat never gets out of control and the 8 week cycles works excellent around training programs and supps such as creatine and ECAs (for example creatine while you bulk, ECA while you cut).