PDA

View Full Version : atkins

Al19067
01-05-2009, 08:33 PM
How much fat are you allowed on atkins diet

RhodeHouse
01-06-2009, 06:31 AM
It's a horrible diet. Do more research on eating habits that will help you achieve your desired goal.

Plus, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack (or so I've heard) How good can his diet be?

Fuzzy
01-06-2009, 06:37 AM
It's a horrible diet. Do more research on eating habits that will help you achieve your desired goal.

Plus, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack (or so I've heard) How good can his diet be?

People who make diets are like people who make programs on the internet and try to sell themselves. The dimwit is most likely not following what he preaches

malkore
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
the only 'diets' that work are lifestyle changes.
you ate poorly for how many years to get in bad shape? how could you expect to go on a 6 week diet to fix years of bad eating and (probably) inactivity.

so you don't 'go on a diet'....you just 'change your diet'...namely food choices and portion control, to fuel the body properly.

if you are more than 10lbs over weight (fat weight), a 6-8 diet isn't gonna help you much. you need to change gears for the long term. and fAtkins isn't the answer.

Al19067
01-06-2009, 10:33 AM

So if the atkins diet is horrible than I guess the anabolic diet is bad too?

RhodeHouse
01-06-2009, 12:54 PM

I don't know about the anabolic diet. I don't follow some new-angled diet plan. I use good old-fashioned diet advice from people who have been there and done that.

All these fancy diets are designed for one thing - to make money. If you think differently, you're sadly mistaken.

WillNoble
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM

There are certainly better choices out there. No offense to Dr. Pasquale...

dasfonzie
01-08-2009, 04:01 AM
The Atkins Diet is a lifestyle change... if you'd actually read anything he's written you might know that... If you follow the book you will lose body fat, hands down... everyone I know, including myself, that followed it lost weight... my friend lost 80 lbs on it in about 6 months

RhodeHouse
01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
The Atkins Diet is a lifestyle change... if you'd actually read anything he's written you might know that... If you follow the book you will lose body fat, hands down... everyone I know, including myself, that followed it lost weight... my friend lost 80 lbs on it in about 6 months

Any diet is a lifestyle change. I don't need to read anything to know that. Of course you lose weight. Your carbs are non-existant. For anyone that's a weightlifter, you NEED lots of carbs. Atkins makes your body eat itself. It indiscriminately eats muscle and fat for energy. Cutting anything except bad foods out is just stupid. Carbs are a necessity for the body and mind to function properly.