PDA

View Full Version : New Belt Question

BloodyDeadliftr
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
What's up guys, I just bought a new belt from inzer because my old one was shot..my first belt wasn't a real training belt just something i think i bought at the local sporting goods store.

My first thoughts were that it was really stiff but that was a good thing...but is there something i should do with the belt before i use it to break it in?? Any info is appreciated

Brian Hopper
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I think it just breaks in as you use it, but maybe there might be something you can do that someone knows about!

Pete22
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Which one did you get 10mm or 13mm? I got my 10mm single-prong broken-in within a few months by just using it regularly.

BloodyDeadliftr
01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
its a 13mm belt....but isn't the whole concept for the belt to stay stiff to fit you tight?

jbrin0tk
01-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I got the same belt. What I did was wear it around the house for a half hour or so at a time once or twice a day for a couple weeks. This really got me used to the feeling and sped up the breaking in process.

Reko
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
When you arent using it, roll it really tight into a ball and store it like that. The next day roll it the other way and keep doing this.

KarstenDD
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
When you arent using it, roll it really tight into a ball and store it like that. The next day roll it the other way and keep doing this.

You can also just work the end back and forth while you watch tv or whatever.

Pete22
01-06-2009, 07:19 PM
its a 13mm belt....but isn't the whole concept for the belt to stay stiff to fit you tight?

When it breaks-in, it will mold to your torso almost and fit better letting you get the belt on tighter. It needs to fit tight, but still allow you to push your abs out against it.

johnnyo_99
01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
play with it in your spare time to loosen it up...your belt that is

BloodyDeadliftr
01-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I got the same belt. What I did was wear it around the house for a half hour or so at a time once or twice a day for a couple weeks. This really got me used to the feeling and sped up the breaking in process.

You can also just work the end back and forth while you watch tv or whatever.

When it breaks-in, it will mold to your torso almost and fit better letting you get the belt on tighter. It needs to fit tight, but still allow you to push your abs out against it.

play with it in your spare time to loosen it up...your belt that is

thanks guys for all your help i'll try a little bit of everything and hopefully break it in faster