PDA

View Full Version : Help eating Eggs

WSUcougCaleb
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Does anybody know of a good way to mix something in with eggs to make the texture bearable? I really have a tough time eating things like eggs and hot oatmeal and it's really making my breakfasts one dimensional.

I try from time to time to get some scrambled eggs loaded with cheese and salsa and I usually don't have the time to make a dutch baby (that has the consistency of a hard pancake)...

They're cheap and a great source of nutrients, but I hate fighting with food... Unless I'm throwing it at someone.

jtrink
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
see thread below.

Ti1301
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
You can french toast with egg

Ryno
01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I came up with something out of pure laziness the other day. Spray a plate with Pam. Get a plate and pour eggs (I used egg whites) onto it. Would probably be easiest if the plate was already in the microwave when you poured to avoid spilling. Then microwave until it looks thoroughly done. It should puff up real big and give it maybe a minute longer than you think because the inside takes a little longer to cook. Then I took that and cut it into two pieces (could just fold it) and put each on a piece of whole wheat toast. You get the texture of the toast covering up the texture of the egg.

hellagrant
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
You ever try steaming eggs? Place eggs in a bowl with just a bit of water, salt, pepper, veges, spices, etc. You need something like a steamer and place the bowl into the steamer. Eggs come out nice and fluffy.

beaverfootball
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
i realize this doesnt help with the texture... BUT

i just microwave my eggs. spray a small bowl with pam, 2 eggs for 2 minutes in my microwave and bam i got breakfast. Plus like half a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread :) .... you get the point tho. doesnt take long for eggs.