PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Pain

Andre518
01-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Last night I was doing standing calve raises on the smith machine and on my last set I had 410lbs on and when I went to stand and set the weight I felt this painful stretch (i think I heard some type of noise with the stretch) in my lower back. I got really nervous at first I racked the weight and walked around. It was a little sore I was gonna go home but after 10 mins it wasn't that bad. I finished working out my shoulder and went home. Today its sore nothing to bad. I was wondering if it could have been lactic acid build up that I stretched out. Over the summer I threw my lower back out doing squat jumps and heavy deadlifts in one night. This pain is nothing in comparison. I plan on taking the next three days off and going back. Any ideas of if this is just a strain or maybe lactic acid.

Lones Green
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Don't use the smith machine!

Andre518
01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
yeah I use to use it for my squats but it really killed my knees. So the only thing I used it for was calves raises but that is now done as well. I work at Planet Fitness and they have no squat rack. I use the incline bench to do my squats but anything over 400lbs I need my partner to give me a lift off. But I will be switching to golds gym soon.

shealym
01-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I agree leave the smith machine alone. Sounds like your spine came out of alignment which caused the vertibrea to pinch a nerve thus causing a pain you cannot touch unlike muscle pain. The spine may pop itself back in but I do not rely on that. Get a rolling pi and wrap in towel so it is well padded. Lay on your back iknees up feet on ground. Slide pin under bottom of spine and roll it ur toward shoulders. If u feel lots of pain in a certain spot move the pin just above the pain and continue. Thw out of alignment vertabrea is usually well above the pain. Take ibprofin (4) for inflamation/pain and it should be okeedokee in a day or so. Hope this helps

KarstenDD
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Find a new gym and don't do calf raises.

HP666
01-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Last night I was doing standing calve raises on the smith machine

I don't really need to read any more than that here.....