PDA

View Full Version : Sam Byrd 705 Raw

SGT ROCK
01-07-2009, 10:06 PM
This one is worth yet another look. I was standing behind him when he did this, he was a bit out of the groove and STILL dunked it. In the groove this Leatherneck could do 750 I would bet. Still one of the best raw squats I have ever seen, he weighed under 220. How many guys right now can duplicate that? A GREAT lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25SC4LkfiCo

Semper Fi

RhodeHouse
01-08-2009, 12:18 AM
For all the hype in the write up, it wasn't that deep. Great squat. He is super strong in and out of the gear.

Lones Green
01-08-2009, 03:19 AM
The 675 raw triple video was even more impressive in my opinion. The fact that he tried it, failed on the last rep, then did it again and nailed em' makes it that much more awesome.

Erik 23
01-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Beast Sam is awesome he hits some of the sickest numbers ever for his Body weight,or any weight class lol.

Hazerboy
01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Nice lift

How tall is sam by the way?

SGT ROCK
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
For all the hype in the write up, it wasn't that deep. Great squat. He is super strong in and out of the gear.

He got 3 whites and weighed in at 220. I was behind him so I didnt have a great view of depth.

Semper Fi

chris mason
01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Sam is a GREAT lifter! I would guess him in the 5'8-9" range.

BFGUITAR
01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Amazing! Magnificent.

Big_Byrd52
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys, i weighed in at 207 for this meet, so right there with Jesse. I am 5'7 or 8. here is a better view all my lifts. the benches were done with a torn labrum in my left shoulder from a few week prior which really affected me.

http://media.putfile.com/Sam-Byrd-at-the-NERB

numbers are
sq: 635/ 675/ 705
bench: 425m/ 425/ 440m
DL: 600/ 650m, not shown/ 675m
On my 650, i got reds because i got the down signal before i finished the pull. I locked it out without a hitch, but since the lift was not completed when the arm went down it was considered a no lift. Cost me the pound-for-pound to Celli.

arm was wrapped up because i had alot of pain in my bi from my shoulder tear. later found out i was pulling with a partially torn bi also. haha prolly should have back out of that meet, but everybody else already had so i felt obligated to keep my word.

SGT ROCK
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys, i weighed in at 207 for this meet, so right there with Jesse. I am 5'7 or 8. here is a better view all my lifts. the benches were done with a torn labrum in my left shoulder from a few week prior which really affected me.

http://media.putfile.com/Sam-Byrd-at-the-NERB

numbers are
sq: 635/ 675/ 705
bench: 425m/ 425/ 440m
DL: 600/ 650m, not shown/ 675m
On my 650, i got reds because i got the down signal before i finished the pull. I locked it out without a hitch, but since the lift was not completed when the arm went down it was considered a no lift. Cost me the pound-for-pound to Celli.

arm was wrapped up because i had alot of pain in my bi from my shoulder tear. later found out i was pulling with a partially torn bi also. haha prolly should have back out of that meet, but everybody else already had so i felt obligated to keep my word.

That was a super fun meet wasnt it bro? Remember the after hours party with RAMPAGE etc?! SHHHH....dont tell it all lol! You had a good day bro, your delts were just too big to get those dls locked out all the way lol!!!
Im still waiting for my paycheck from that one. Having Kaz on the mike was motivating.

Semper Fi

SoreFoot8343
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Sam, you had awesome lifts!! Glad to see you back PLing and not having your head in a book studying! :) Seems as though we traded places. I'm in EMT school now and have my head stuck in a very large book (size of war and peace) Hope to see you this year LOL

Big_Byrd52
01-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Sam, you had awesome lifts!! Glad to see you back PLing and not having your head in a book studying! :) Seems as though we traded places. I'm in EMT school now and have my head stuck in a very large book (size of war and peace) Hope to see you this year LOL

Studyin aint done yet... not by a long shot! haha i dont know when or if ill compete again honestly. i just dont have the time and i wont get on the platform if im not at my best.

im sorry to hear bout ur leg, by the way. i didnt know u had to have that done till they told me after worlds this year.