PDA

View Full Version : APT "The Wrap"

waynedang
01-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Has anyone tried the new 2xh or 3xh wrap from APT yet? I have a set of each wrist wraps on the way and wondered what to expect. I use convicts now and can't imagine getting much more support than that.
http://www.prowriststraps.com/the_wrap_apt_wrist_wraps_powerlifting

Reko
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Lol, you have no idea...
I know Ben Moore here uses them. I've put them on once but just to feel them.

I use the convicts now and word on the street is they put those to shame.

lil' power
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Lonesxedge is the proud owner of a pair....

lenny spero
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
apt makes great products ..im sure their awesome.

Lones Green
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
They are absolutely sick. I have the 2XH. They are the wrap if you have a handcuffing problem. I can't even begin to explain how heavy of a wrap they are.

WILD BILL
01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I also use the 2x WRAP. Great wrap and the only wrist wrap Ill use. I used to use the strangulators. They are a sick wrap but after 3 or 4 uses much easier to use.

Ben Moore
01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I have the 3XH and it makes the convicts look like a joke...

waynedang
01-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Sounds like I will like them. I should have them in a few days I will let ya know what I think.

Eric Downey
01-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Has anyone tried the new 2xh or 3xh wrap from APT yet? I have a set of each wrist wraps on the way and wondered what to expect. I use convicts now and can't imagine getting much more support than that.
http://www.prowriststraps.com/the_wrap_apt_wrist_wraps_powerlifting

really you have no idea. there so stiff/thick they almost stand up by themselves

Jon Elick
01-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I have the 3XH in 24 & 36...I need help to wrap the 36. These wraps will never be touched by any other company - ever.

Andrew Cohn
01-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I have been a strangulator user for about 1 year now and I just got a pair of the 3xh wraps. They are by far the stiffest wraps I have ever used before! They are so strong I have trouble wrapping them tight enough. I dont know if my 320 raw bench warrants such a pair of strong wraps but I am going to keep working with them and see if I can break them in some more. I may try to 2xh or just stick with the strangulators.

waynedang
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
WOW!!!!!! I used the 3xh tonight and gotta say it is by far the best wrap I have ever used. I get more support from it in a 24" than any 36" I have tried. I only used the 24" today but will try the 36" later. If you guys are looking for the most supportive wrap made this is it!!!

Beast Genetics
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
WOW!!!!!! I used the 3xh tonight and gotta say it is by far the best wrap I have ever used. I get more support from it in a 24" than any 36" I have tried. I only used the 24" today but will try the 36" later. If you guys are looking for the most supportive wrap made this is it!!!

I have the mamba's and those are like duct tape when you strap em in, I cant imagine those, enjoy.

View 1
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Not to take this off topic but rather than start a whole new thread, Ive been reading alot on this forum and others about wrist wraps. Now my max is no where near most people on here, but still my wrist do get beat up when I press. I emailed alan @ APT about my max and he suggested either the convicts or strangulators or for a little less heavier wrap the ZRV-Pro. Im a little lost because they also have the mamba's and the the black reapers as well. I believe they still have the get one free wrap so I wanted to pick up one 20 or 24 inch wrap and the second is a free 12 inch wrap. From what I have read the convicts are cast like, the strangulators or not as stiff as the convicts but still stiff, the ZRV and still supportive but not quite cast like, the others well I dont know? Just looking for advice from people have used or experienced.

So what I am asking is what 20 or 24 wrap and what 12 wrap would you get and why?

Beast Genetics
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Not to take this off topic but rather than start a whole new thread, Ive been reading alot on this forum and others about wrist wraps. Now my max is no where near most people on here, but still my wrist do get beat up when I press. I emailed alan @ APT about my max and he suggested either the convicts or strangulators or for a little less heavier wrap the ZRV-Pro. Im a little lost because they also have the mamba's and the the black reapers as well. I believe they still have the get one free wrap so I wanted to pick up one 20 or 24 inch wrap and the second is a free 12 inch wrap. From what I have read the convicts are cast like, the strangulators or not as stiff as the convicts but still stiff, the ZRV and still supportive but not quite cast like, the others well I dont know? Just looking for advice from people have used or experienced.

So what I am asking is what 20 or 24 wrap and what 12 wrap would you get and why?

Well I can only write about the mamba's, its a very good wrap. The fabric itself is not rough they are slightly flexible when pulled tight but not much, and when you secure that velcro it feels like your wrist just turned into straight arm bones with fingers at the end.

waynedang
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM

I think a 24" ZRV would be fine. I used these before some of the other wraps were approved in dif feds and the new stuff was out. I think they give pretty good support.

chris mason
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Alan is a great guy and any product he sells that I have ever tried is also great!

View 1
01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Well I can only write about the mamba's, its a very good wrap. The fabric itself is not rough they are slightly flexible when pulled tight but not much, and when you secure that velcro it feels like your wrist just turned into straight arm bones with fingers at the end.

I think a 24" ZRV would be fine. I used these before some of the other wraps were approved in dif feds and the new stuff was out. I think they give pretty good support.

Thanks for the replies. Im leaning towards the ZRV at my level I dont need to go anywhere near convicts or anything like that. I was also looking at the mamba's and im not sure how they compare to the ZRV's? Anyone have any experience with both?

kingkong51
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
APT has the best wrist wraps bar none other

Tom Mutaffis
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
ZRV's are pretty good, especially if you are looking for a comfortable wrap that will protect your joint and hold things steady with moderate weight. If they are similar priced the Mamba's are just as comfortable and a little more supportive.

I would say to go with the black mamba in the 20" or the ZRV in the 20". You don't need anything longer than that for your purposes but sometimes the 12" is just not enough.

Strangulators and Convicts would be the next step up but sounds like that might be overkill for what you are looking for.

View 1
01-15-2009, 03:44 PM
ZRV's are pretty good, especially if you are looking for a comfortable wrap that will protect your joint and hold things steady with moderate weight. If they are similar priced the Mamba's are just as comfortable and a little more supportive.

I would say to go with the black mamba in the 20" or the ZRV in the 20". You don't need anything longer than that for your purposes but sometimes the 12" is just not enough.

Strangulators and Convicts would be the next step up but sounds like that might be overkill for what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply tom. I went with the Black mamba's and got a set of 12 Strangulator for the free pair ( even though im not at that level it gives me something to work towards ).

Ben Moore
01-15-2009, 03:59 PM

The convicts are a very stiff wrap with no "cushion" to them. If you want some cushion go with the strangulators or the mambas.

accuFLEX
01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
I have the ZRV Pro's in 24"...I use them for oly lifting. VERY comfortable, and they offer enough flexibility for my wrist which is nice.

You can also really clamp down on them if you're doing heavy bench.

View 1
01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Again thanks for the feedback from everyone, I should get my wraps next week, not sure if I will get them in time before I have to bench again though?

worker
01-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't want to thief your thread...just a quick question to piggyback with the conversation. Right now I borrow the Inzer 36" wrap from my buddy when benching. Needed to order a pair of my own, but this thread got me thinking that maybe the APT Convicts might be a better wrap. Opinions appreciated!! :)

Ben Moore
01-17-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm a little biased but I love the convicts. I've tried both and the convicts get my vote.

waynedang
01-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Don't want to thief your thread...just a quick question to piggyback with the conversation. Right now I borrow the Inzer 36" wrap from my buddy when benching. Needed to order a pair of my own, but this thread got me thinking that maybe the APT Convicts might be a better wrap. Opinions appreciated!! :)

Convicts are a way better wrap!

worker
01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the input!!

Beast Genetics
01-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I just tried my pair of convicts this past saturday, I loved them. Like Ben Moore stated they dont have the cushion of the mamba's but the stiffness and support were awesome. They will replace my mamba's as my primary wrap.:thumbup:

View 1
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Got my wraps in the mail yesterday. I ordered Black mamba's ( 24 should have gotten 20 ) and Starngulators ( 12 these were free and also a set of wrist straps that were free too ). I dont bench till friday so I wont be able to try them out till then, cant wait.