PDA

View Full Version : How not to cut: a web chronicle

Pimpstick
01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker and occasional poster, thought I'd share something I found with all of you. I just finished bulking to 215, and am about to start a cut down to 195-200. It was the info I found on WBB that took me from a chunky 155 lbs. three years ago, to the 215 pounder @ 6'0 I am today! Thanks!

While surfing the web I came across a web log of some guy trying to cut by not eating. After the numerous "how to cut" threads I've seen lately, I felt compelled to share with you guys how Not To CUT.

His log can be found here: www.starvation-diet.com

This guy set out to not eat for 40 days and so far claims to have not eaten for 19 days. He has taken photos of himself every day to chronicle his progress. I encourage newbies trying to cut to look at his comparison photos: even after losing 25 lbs. or so he looks almost the same.

I tried posting in his comments section to try and talk some sense into him and give him some nutrition advice, but he has yet to respond to me.

I encourage everyone to look as it is pretty funny. Again, thanks wwb for all the great advice! Once I finish my cut I plan to start a journal here for assistance with future goals!

xcornontherobx
01-08-2009, 05:12 PM
****ing idiot

AJ_H
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
that's really stupid. even if he does lose all that weight, when he starts eating again, he will just put it all back down, and his metabolism will be even slower. Not to mention the health risks involved.

TKisner
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
He looks really ****ty lol

[R_H]
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
He looks really ****ty lol

No way man, he looks awesome. You must be one of those pin-dicked steroid loving bodybuilders. The fasting dude is a ******. If anything has changed, his gut got smaller, but he still has those monster lovehandles. How tall is he? I'm 6'0, and at 83kg my bodyfat was low enough that I was able to start to see my abs (at my heaviest I was 95kg, heavier than his starting weight). He's still got the monster handles and the gut. But fasting is awesome:boring:

HP666
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
;2069395']You must be one of those pin-dicked steroid loving bodybuilders.

WTF?? Why are you on these boards if that's your attitude??

HP666
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
FUNNY, if you go to that guy's link and read his Guest book it's hilarious. There are some funny comments from people about this ******.

[R_H]
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
WTF?? Why are you on these boards if that's your attitude??

That was a joke, forgot emoticons. He wrote that in one of his entries.

HP666
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
;2069563']That was a joke, forgot emoticons. He wrote that in one of his entries.

SORRY MAN!!!! Didn't realize and thought you were just being a dick!!! I should have known better.

[R_H]
01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
SORRY MAN!!!! Didn't realize and thought you were just being a dick!!! I should have known better.

No problem.

Southern Beast
01-10-2009, 03:32 AM
I'd like to punch him in the face.

[R_H]
01-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Is the guy even working out? I'm pretty sure he stopped, but I don't really want to go through previous entries and read his lame-ass comments.

CaptainMorgan
01-11-2009, 09:50 AM
He doesn't look the same at all.. His gut is gone, and his face is noticeably thinner.

rackemup
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
yea that may be partially true but at the same time hes starving himself completely and not even working out. everyone on here could do the same thing by eating like a horse but eating better and cleaner but actually make muscle gains to go along with the weight loss so they dont look like ***t. his whole concept is rediculous and ill personally stick with the view of,eat+train+dont be lazy=grow

cphafner
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
His side effects from yesterday.

A few side effects have kicked in. I get dehydrated really easy now. I need a glass of water every hour. 8 hours of sleep really dehydrates me and I wake up feeling dizzy, pale and shaky with a mild headache. It takes an hour or 2 to rehydrate myself then I feel fine.

this thing is ridiculous. Is it even possible to go 40 days with no food? His current stats show his waist is almost bigger than his chest. This guy needs a reality check.

Notorious
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
He actually does look a lot better, but I'm sure he lost a good chunk of muscle. A PSMF would have probably had similar results without the muscle loss...

[R_H]
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
His side effects from yesterday.

A few side effects have kicked in. I get dehydrated really easy now. I need a glass of water every hour. 8 hours of sleep really dehydrates me and I wake up feeling dizzy, pale and shaky with a mild headache. It takes an hour or 2 to rehydrate myself then I feel fine.

this thing is ridiculous. Is it even possible to go 40 days with no food? His current stats show his waist is almost bigger than his chest. This guy needs a reality check.

Must be fun. How is this guy going to be able to function when he gets back to work/school etc?

[R_H]
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
He actually does look a lot better, but I'm sure he lost a good chunk of muscle. A PSMF would have probably had similar results without the muscle loss...

I agree that he looks better, his gut is quite a bit smaller...but what's a PSMF?

Ferdo
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Muscle loss or not he looks 100x better then before. I just dont understand how you can function. I would probably collapse dead at work. i could probably do this if I could lay on the couch for 40 straight days.

Ferdo
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I think fasting is good for those people with alot to loose. They should open rehab clinics for fat people where they go in and do these fasts. After a wee or two you really start to get that discipline you need. This isnt for people here. Some people like thgis dude just would rather be thin, they dont care aboiut the muscles. Ask those huge 300 pounders they dont care about muscles they just want to fit through a door.

jAy_Dub
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I think fasting is good for those people with alot to loose. They should open rehab clinics for fat people where they go in and do these fasts. After a wee or two you really start to get that discipline you need. This isnt for people here. Some people like thgis dude just would rather be thin, they dont care aboiut the muscles. Ask those huge 300 pounders they dont care about muscles they just want to fit through a door.

Muscles aren't the issue here, its health.

CaptainMorgan
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I wonder if this dude ended up dying. His site just says bandwidth exceeded.

Progress
01-29-2009, 08:10 AM
He went from having no muscle and no fat to just having no fat. He looks better, even considering he has very little definition.

Reko
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
The move illustrates Nvidia's drive even with a recession slowing other companies down. Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang told reporters during a dinner Monday that he will spend more money on research this year than last.He said he's willing to spend money now to both weather the storm but also come out better positioned when it's done."It's a challenge during a recession because no one's buying but recessions don't last forever," he said. "At the end of this PC recession, I want to be prepared for any kind of change."

wrong thread?