PDA

View Full Version : Check out my handles

vdizenzo
01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
My jacked arms do not allow me to grab the handles on my safety squat bar (j/k). I watched a vid on elitefts and saw these crazy handles on a ssb and I fell in love. So after a trip to Home Depot for two 5" pieces of threaded pipe, two 10" pieces of threaded pipe, two 45 degree threaded bends, 2 nuts, 2 bolts, four washers and a trip to Champ Sports for a roll of black sports tape I made the handles below. With the right drill bit it took about 45 minutes of my time and less than $20. Yes, I rock!

I think I will start a board and ssb handle manufacturing plant in my basement. What a great life that would be.

jbrin0tk
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Awesome work, Vin!

KarstenDD
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
You are so hot and creative!

BFGUITAR
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I thought you meant love handles... lol

slashkills
01-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I thought you meant love handles... lol

and yet you still looked

Hazerboy
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
No way...

I didn't know you squatted vinny lol.

Erik 23
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Those look awesome if you were to make some more and sell them i would probally buy some off you.As i seen some like that cost upwards of $200.
http://store.sorinex.com/Top_Squat_Bar_Attachment_p/ts-1.htm Here is one for Example this one is $149.Probally a good product but id rather make one like you did and save a good hundred and something lol.

Brian Hopper
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
You do ROCK!!!!

vdizenzo
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
No way...

I didn't know you squatted vinny lol.

Hey, 605 raw off the box with a regular bar two weeks ago before I was told to shut it down. I hadn't pulled for about ten years when I got 675 pretty easily and tore my bicep. My problem is my body is old and beaten, I really wish I could hold it together for a full meet. Benching was the worst of the three for me before I ruptured two discs in my back. I'm just happy to be lifting at all.

Lones Green
01-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Nice!!!

Ben Moore
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Vinny - this is my kind of idea. I love finding ways to make things for the gym. Thanks for posting this!

waynedang
01-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Looks good Vin. I thought about doing the same thing with my SSB at home or atleast put longer handles on it.

C.Pop
01-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Nice work Vincent. Next you'll be engineering nuclear submarines!

Jonah
01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Those look awesome if you were to make some more and sell them i would probally buy some off you.As i seen some like that cost upwards of $200.
http://store.sorinex.com/Top_Squat_Bar_Attachment_p/ts-1.htm Here is one for Example this one is $149.Probally a good product but id rather make one like you did and save a good hundred and something lol.

sweeet markup

Captain_Crunch
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
That looks awsome. We had a similar extention put on ours and couldn't be happier.

Hazerboy
01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey, 605 raw off the box with a regular bar two weeks ago before I was told to shut it down. I hadn't pulled for about ten years when I got 675 pretty easily and tore my bicep. My problem is my body is old and beaten, I really wish I could hold it together for a full meet. Benching was the worst of the three for me before I ruptured two discs in my back. I'm just happy to be lifting at all.

Yeah I was kind of just giving you crap. I had heard about your injury but every once and awhile I'll look at your training logs and see some squats in there.

How did you rupture the discs on your back by the way?

RevTodd
01-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Same problem here... Getting old makes it a challenge. But hey, I'm not taking up golf or checkers anytime soon.:)

no regrets
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Awesome setup. I saw this on elitefts also and was curious about doing something like this too. I can't squat with a regular bar due to having both rotator cuffs operated on and my shoulders don't go back far enough for the bar to sit comfortably. The SSB at my gym the handles barely reach my upper chest. I feel something like this would be more comfortable to squat with.