PDA

View Full Version : Fasting question....

esmcdaniel77
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok so tomorrow, Sunday, now that I have gotten all the inevitable New Years stumbles out of the way on my path to a better body, health, etc.

I plan to do a bit of cleansing and do kind of a Fast tomorrow, but instead of just water, I was thinking of....no, I am going to have a protein drink every 4 hours tomorrow. Maybe alternate by making every shake with milk (the others with just water of course) so I still get some sugar and fat in. In total, I will probably take in about 250g of protein tomorrow, along with at least a gallon of water.

I also plan to do a some kind of lifting exercises at home, nothing too heavy, but definitely to get the blood flowing. I know tomorrow night and and Monday morning is when my body will need solid foods and more protein for recovery so I think I got this planned out pretty well.

I just wanna know if, from a health perspective, am I safe consuming nothing but liquid protein tomorrow or if I should throw in a can of tuna somewhere in there.

Thoughts?

K.M.A.1985
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
NO you will lose all of your gains and your muscles will shrivel

esmcdaniel77
01-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok I'm pretty sure what I worked years for will not shrivel in one day of fasting....but thanks for the input! :hello:

Anyone else?

VikingWarlord
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
The only practical problem might be satiety. Liquids usually get used up pretty quickly and can leave you hungrier. Throw in a green salad or something to get some fiber in there.

The Thing
01-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought that the point of a fast was to eat absolutely no food.

rackemup
01-11-2009, 12:32 PM
it is but do you want him to end up like that guy on the way not to cut thrread? hes just being smart about it

azma
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
You don't have to micromanage a one-day fast. If you want to cleanse your system, just chug a half-gallon of apple juice for breakfast. Then, make sure you don't stray too far from the bathroom for a few hours.

CrazyK
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Fasting doesn't "cleanse" anything. Just diet properly, throw in a little cardio, and lift.