PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd football hit video! (sorry about the first)

cwoodrb105
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Alright, this is actually just better quality from the first. I found a way to rip my home DVD's since for some reason there was a copyright on them. However, I got this to work and played around with Windows Movie Maker for a bit to make this.

Some info: Yes, I am #32, read the title! I am a freshman and I will be turning 15 in February. Yes, this is also FRESHMAN FOOTBALL.

Please, feel free to leave comments and rate it! (Hopefully good ratings :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF3_fBW61us

Direct link

And for those of you who don't want to comment...

JF3_fBW61us

joey54
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Its a hit, that is what you are supposed to do. Keep it up!

Gfed
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
hey man thats a nice hit, you came in with great speed and you read the play perfectly coming over the top...the only thing i would say is try not to leave your feet, you lose alot of power and when you get to playing the big dogs you will bounce right off! lower your shoulder, wrap up, head across and you'll be laying kids out all the time....keep it up!!

L3THAL
01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I agree, stay low and use the power from your legs! Legpower, + Speed = lights out! Good job though bro.

cwoodrb105
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys!

kevowamo
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
nice hit! drive through

footballer13
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
To be honest, as a varsity football player the hit wasn't that impressive. Too high and it looks like you tried to give him a bear hug or something of the sort. Not trying to knock you down or anything, but I will be brutally honest with anybody. Good start I suppose.

cwoodrb105
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
To be honest, as a varsity football player the hit wasn't that impressive. Too high and it looks like you tried to give him a bear hug or something of the sort. Not trying to knock you down or anything, but I will be brutally honest with anybody. Good start I suppose.

Nice to have someone almost the same age as me give constructive criticism. When I delivered this tackle I kind of just got a bit excited that I can light the kid up. As instinct, I ran as hard and as fast as I could and just ran through him. I completely forgot about form and every other such thing and hit him as hard as I could. When I get up to varsity though, I realize this hit won't be much. Thanks for the responses, however!

Reko
01-20-2009, 07:38 PM

Out of curiosity aren't you supposed to wrap up when you hit? I've never played so its just a curious question.

cwoodrb105
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Out of curiosity aren't you supposed to wrap up when you hit? I've never played so its just a curious question.

I'll answer for him, just because it's an easy football question. (no offense whatsoever) Wrapping up is ALWAYS essential no matter what. Just the fact that I exaggerated it so much made it a bit funny looking to some. However, it just happened by instinct like I said.

Reko
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll answer for him, just because it's an easy football question. (no offense whatsoever) Wrapping up is ALWAYS essential no matter what. Just the fact that I exaggerated it so much made it a bit funny looking to some. However, it just happened by instinct like I said.

Thats what I thought but when he made the bear hug comment I took it as wrapping wasn't a good idea or something.

Carry on.

WillNoble
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM
1 hit is a good thing, a series of good hits is a better thing, a game full of good hits is a great thing, and what college recruiters look for. Highlight reels are good for making yourself feel good, but a whole game tape is what colleges are going to want to see...

cwoodrb105
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
1 hit is a good thing, a series of good hits is a better thing, a game full of good hits is a great thing, and what college recruiters look for. Highlight reels are good for making yourself feel good, but a whole game tape is what colleges are going to want to see...

Sad part is, I had a bunch of tackles that game. No lie, 5 plays later I broke my collarbone. Not a good experience whatsoever.

Reko
01-20-2009, 08:05 PM

Just gonna throw this out there...
That is good advice for all sports.

Pitbull3291
01-20-2009, 08:56 PM

I played varsity football when i was a sophomore as a nose guard and fullback but quit the following season due to injuries, so i was 15 when i last played. and ill have to agree with footballer. GET LOW! and DRIVE! all and all though great start i used to be a strong safety too, loved the blitz plays coach would call. Good luck on the upcoming season man work hard in the weight room.

Phenom
01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Fake

cwoodrb105
01-21-2009, 04:34 AM
I played varsity football when i was a sophomore as a nose guard and fullback but quit the following season due to injuries, so i was 15 when i last played. and ill have to agree with footballer. GET LOW! and DRIVE! all and all though great start i used to be a strong safety too, loved the blitz plays coach would call. Good luck on the upcoming season man work hard in the weight room.

Thanks for the input man. Trust me, the past 2 months of my life have been spent in the weight room 2 and a half hours a day and running and keeping conditioned. When I'm home all I do is eat, drink a protein shake, and come on here and watch football videos. Friends slip in there somewhere too though. Sucks you had to quit, you probably were pretty good playing noseguard and fullback, so it's nice to get some tips from someone experienced. Thanks!

Gfed
01-21-2009, 03:30 PM
its a good thing your working in the weightroom everyday...get your numbers up and they are right start making a highlight tape as well as complete game tapes (i was lucky my coach did all that for me) When being recruited by Miami they wanted every game tape as well as a highlight film and ALSO to see all my lift maxs in person!....get strong and dont forget form! that is one of the main things they want to see!!!

footballer13
01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice to have someone almost the same age as me give constructive criticism. When I delivered this tackle I kind of just got a bit excited that I can light the kid up. As instinct, I ran as hard and as fast as I could and just ran through him. I completely forgot about form and every other such thing and hit him as hard as I could. When I get up to varsity though, I realize this hit won't be much. Thanks for the responses, however!

Good to see someone in this world knows the difference between constructive criticism and an insult. :) Good luck in your future football years.

Southern Beast
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it's a very solid "hit" from someone your age, but as a tackle it wasn't anything overly impressive. You read the play well and had good speed to the running back, but I agree with the others: Get a little lower, and wrap up. Don't leave your feet, and drive drive drive.

You seem to have a lot of potential, so best of luck. If you have any more videos I'd love to see. I miss playing football. :(

Pitbull3291
01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
You seem to have a lot of potential, so best of luck. If you have any more videos I'd love to see. I miss playing football. :(

oh yeah, keep the videos coming

jed
01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
as long as you dont get a big head and step onto a varsity field and get yourself obliterated, ill keep supporting you. you seem to know your stuff and that was a nice hit. keep working hard and play your heart out. four years flys, bro.

BilltheButcher
01-24-2009, 06:53 PM

I played D1 not a big time school (MAC), and I played Free Safety and Special Teams. I rarely wrapped up if I didn't have to, since I was submarining guys below the knees and I was trying not to break fingers. I went to a camp one time where Jack Lambert was giving a talk and it got around to tackling - he talked about being in a football position and how the great ones always seemed to be in a football position when it was time to make a tackle - but he said when it came down to it, Coach Chuck Knoll didn't care if he made a highlight film tackle, got knock on his butt, tripped him, jumped on his back and pulled out his juggular as long as the guy went down and didn't score, b/c there was always another play coming up.

Anyways, I thought the tackle was sweet, hard to see, but looked awesome from a far. Watch Dick Butkus tackle, he came in with arms wide like he was swallowing you up.

cwoodrb105
01-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I played D1 not a big time school (MAC), and I played Free Safety and Special Teams. I rarely wrapped up if I didn't have to, since I was submarining guys below the knees and I was trying not to break fingers. I went to a camp one time where Jack Lambert was giving a talk and it got around to tackling - he talked about being in a football position and how the great ones always seemed to be in a football position when it was time to make a tackle - but he said when it came down to it, Coach Chuck Knoll didn't care if he made a highlight film tackle, got knock on his butt, tripped him, jumped on his back and pulled out his juggular as long as the guy went down and didn't score, b/c there was always another play coming up.

Anyways, I thought the tackle was sweet, hard to see, but looked awesome from a far. Watch Dick Butkus tackle, he came in with arms wide like he was swallowing you up.

Thanks a bunch, man!