PDA

View Full Version : How many carbs

artmutt
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I just started the p90x program and it is telling me that I can have only 1 serving of carbs (ie. 2 pieces of whole wheat bread). It dosent take into count other carbs such as fruit and whey protein. Do you all know how many grams of carbs I should be consuming to be effective with the weight loss but not be brain spaced. Thanks for the help. By the way I've been tracking with fit day and yesterdays carbs were 79g and todays are at 53 so far. Thanks

Unreal
01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Depends if you do well on a keto diet or near keto. I either need to be VLC so I can be completely keto or keep carbs around over 150g. If I hover around 100g I always feel tired and no energy.

HILL
01-13-2009, 03:23 PM
you have to make a decision between low carb diet with medium days and refeeds or a keto diet with no carbs at all. like unreal says if you have between 50 and 100g of carbs constantly with no refeeds then you will just feel tired etc.

i am keto at the moment and have 26g of indirect carbs a day and feel pretty good. i am in ketosis according to ketosticks and it took me 4 days to get into it.

artmutt
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry I'm a little new, but what are refeeds? As far as no direct carbs, I don't think I could do it. One main reason is my lifestyle and the fact that this type of lifestyle has been hard to start and maintain. Don't get me wrong, I'm in it for the long haul but cutting to 0 carbs just starting out would be a little drastic for me. Thanks again

Tom Mutaffis
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry I'm a little new, but what are refeeds? As far as no direct carbs, I don't think I could do it. One main reason is my lifestyle and the fact that this type of lifestyle has been hard to start and maintain. Don't get me wrong, I'm in it for the long haul but cutting to 0 carbs just starting out would be a little drastic for me. Thanks again

Refeed is a day where you re-introduce high carbs in order to fuel your body.

If you have an active lifestyle then low carb diets can be difficult, but cycling carbs can give you good results (alternating between days or periods of low carb, moderate carb, and high carb intake).

I always base my dieting on the type of carbs and not just the number. If you are eating quality whole foods then I would not worry. If you are eating processed sugars then those will definitely have a negative impact on your physique.

artmutt
01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I am trying to get good carbs. From veggies and fruits