PDA

View Full Version : Body canonly process 30g protien/hour? BS?

nick420
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Somone I was just talking to told me that the body can only process 30g of protein in an hour, and he was saying that if you drank a shake with 42g of protein in it quickly, you would only recieve benefit from 30g of it. It didn't sound right because I haven't heard of anything like that reading on these forums, but hes a big boy so I figured he might know what he's talking about. Anyone have any knowledge on the subject?

Jorge Sanchez
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Not true. Your body is incredibly efficient. It would not waste calories.

KingWilder
01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
this has been discussed to death

did you try searching?

Mercuryblade
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I was told this common myth by the strength coach in highschool, it's usually told by the same people that will tell you to do crunchs to get abs, and that high reps tone muscles.

Ideally you should spread your protein throughout the day, (it's easier on your kidneys and liver), but as previously said, your body is going to use what it needs.

tom183
01-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Ronnie Coleman has 150g of protein in his post workout shake alone.

bmac12
01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Your friend is sort of correct. Your body can only produce 28 grams of protein at once, not hourly. If you take say a 40 g protein shake at one your body will consume 28 grams of that protein and the 12 useless grams you will **** out. No one try to argue with me because i have a degree in exercise science and this question was on the final

bmac12
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
And to Tom183, Ronnie Coleman is also on products that enable him to consume much more protein than the average person, also he is on roids aka cheating drugs.

Holto
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Your friend is sort of correct. Your body can only produce 28 grams of protein at once, not hourly. If you take say a 40 g protein shake at one your body will consume 28 grams of that protein and the 12 useless grams you will **** out. No one try to argue with me because i have a degree in exercise science and this question was on the final

For the love of god tell me you're joking.

king8329
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Whether it was on your test or not doesnt mean its correct. How much protein your body can utilize at one time of course depends on one major factor..... the size and makeup of your body. Also, there are numerous theories on the magic number the body can utilize at one sitting....30,40, up to 70. Bottom line, there has been no research done on this specific question so in the end they're all just theories.

Doobs
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Guys, don't try to argue with him, it was on the final. We're all lucky that there's now someone on the forums with a degree in exercise science!

bmac12
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks Doobs, any for the guy who said it hasnt been tested im pretty sure it has numerous times. you just have no idea because you dont have an exercise science degree. We actually did test when i was taking the program. Ranges varied from 20 to 50 calories absorbed at once but the most common is 28 grams. Please dont argue again

Progress
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks Doobs, any for the guy who said it hasnt been tested im pretty sure it has numerous times. you just have no idea because you dont have an exercise science degree. We actually did test when i was taking the program. Ranges varied from 20 to 50 calories absorbed at once but the most common is 28 grams. Please dont argue again

What happens to the rest of the protein that isn't "absorbed"?

And I'm pretty sure Doobs's post was in jest, FYI.

CrazyK
01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Yup it's BS.

The 6 small meals a day, spread out your cals thing is only preferrable if it staves off hunger for you (if you're cutting) or if it makes it easier to stuff in the cals (if you're bulking). Otherwise there is really no difference as long as your Pre/Post WO nutrition is adequate.

bmac12
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
to the answer of where all the access protein goes thats not absorbed, you s*** it out!! no joke.

J.C.
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM

I can't work out if you're joking or not.

For one thing you say 20 to 50 calories are absorbed.

Considering there are 4 calories in a gram of protein this would change the figure from 5 grams to 12.5 grams of protein. Which is pretty low. Of course you could have just got calories/grams mixed up but I think its unlikely from an exercise scientist.

whiteman90909
01-19-2009, 03:59 PM
to the answer of where all the access protein goes thats not absorbed, you s*** it out!! no joke.

So if I ate a 10,000 calorie steak in one sitting I would **** out all but 28 grams of it and not gain a lb?...

KarstenDD
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
And to Tom183, Ronnie Coleman is also on products that enable him to consume much more protein than the average person, also he is on roids aka cheating drugs.

Is the general consensus to just ignore this?

Dingus
01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Hes a troll, on another post he says hes 17. He must be the Doogie Howser of exercise science.

Progress
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Your posts are becoming even more incredulous.

BFGUITAR
01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
If you could only take in 28g of protein at once than humanity would have died tens of thousands of years ago when we only ate several massive meals a week and nothing more (for the most part).

king8329
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Dont need an exercise science degree to know when Im being fed bull****. Supposedly you're 18 and asking a bunch of stupid questions about prohormones all over the site and now youve got an exercise physiology degee at 18.
Ok saying that your degree is true, show and prove. Give me a link to the research that was done that came up with your theory.

Songsangnim
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM

This is not true.

The body utilizes based on need. By your logic someone could starve to death on a high protein diet as they can only absorb 28 grams per meal.

And BTW which school gave you your degree? You should ask for your money back.

Doobs
01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Seriously people! If you go over 28 grams you will crap out the extra in powder form! It's been proven by exercise science!!

Dingus
01-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Syntha-6 is actually just Ronnie Colemans cheater terds.

Hawk45
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Syntha-6 is actually just Ronnie Colemans cheater terds.

HAHAHA!!!!

Brad08
01-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Your posts are becoming even more incredulous.

But humorous!

Mercuryblade
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Hes a troll, on another post he says hes 17. He must be the Doogie Howser of exercise science.

Out of all the degrees one could lie about, why excercise science?

At least lie about something more difficult, ie chemistry, biochem, microbiology or even biology.

etcarl
01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I just had an incredulously awesome idea! You know how some people drink the pee of people who eat Fly Agaric to get stoned so they can catch a second buzz? Lets make shakes out of the excess protien in Ronnie Colemans ''cheater terds''! Yum.

jreed110
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
You guys have done it now, he said not to argue with him! Twice! I hope you're all ready for the consequences.

Dingus
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I just had an incredulously awesome idea! You know how some people drink the pee of people who eat Fly Agaric to get stoned so they can catch a second buzz? Lets make shakes out of the excess protien in Ronnie Colemans ''cheater terds''! Yum.

BSN has got his poopoo on lockdown. We could try it with Cutler.

mcdonough9395
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah thats crap. Think about it someone who is trying to bulk and build muscle mass is supposed to take in at least 1-2 grams of protein for every pound of body weight a day. If someone weighs 200 lbs. and eats six meals a day they would only be able to take in about 168 grams of protein a day.

manowar669
02-03-2009, 10:45 AM
And think about those who IF, or use some form of the "warrior diet". One meal a day (or a 4 hour feeding "window") and the muscle doesn't just fall off of their bodies. Your body will take what it needs.

cichlidfort
02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
It all depends on the person's body weight, size, daily calorie intake etc.

You would have to be an idiot to believe your body can only take 28 grams of protein and nothing more. That's nonsensical!

OXplode
02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
soo is my poo high in protien then? hmm maybe we can extract it like whey from milk. To make a more pure, potent, finer isolates than whey protien.

patentpending

VDubb
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
soo is my poo high in protien then? hmm maybe we can extract it like whey from milk. To make a more pure, potent, finer isolates than whey protien.

patentpending

I beat you to it.........

My product is called "Poo Power Protein Powder".........:strong:

Our slogan: "Gets you fibras jakked; no sh1t!"

rbtrout
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM

We did test?? On what 2 subjects? I supposed they were other skinny 18 year olds, not bbers or plers or anything else.
You crap out any protein intake over 28 gs? That must be why I crap 3X a day. Not because of the food intake, but because of the protein.

I think we should have you change your screen name to Doogie Houser.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I can't believe anyone's arguing with an EXERCISE SCIENCE DEGREE!!! I mean come on now, that's the ULTIMATE degree you can get! When you get one, it hugifies your wiener AND makes you smarter than Stephen Hawking!

LoneJeeper
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Serious question time: How would one test protein absorption?

rbtrout
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
When you get one, it hugifies your wiener

Maybe I should get 2?

Songsangnim
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM

There are several methods like nitrogen balance for example.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/58/4/443.pdf

LoneJeeper
02-11-2009, 08:07 AM
There are several methods like nitrogen balance for example.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/58/4/443.pdf

Thank you sir. I can never find appropriate scholarly works with google. scholar.google.com finds me all kinds of things but it's rarely what i'm looking for.

OXplode
02-17-2009, 04:58 PM

erm would it be input/output test i think

Masako
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Not true. Your body is incredibly efficient. It would not waste calories.http://www.dineoxford.com/pics/img/1927/f09t0105qcsp/82.gif

Exactly, and your body wasting the protein really doesn't even make sense. I really hope some of the replies here are in jest. :)

acelong
02-20-2009, 10:30 PM
hehe

acelong
02-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I wish you health