PDA

View Full Version : diet, work and weight training!

Mr. Lu
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey y'all,

I am trying to get a bit bigger, which requires eating more. I don't have a problem eating, yet I have a new work schedule, which requires me to be at the office at 6am through about 7pm. I break for two hours in the day to get to the gym. It's tough to eat large meals throughout the day, unless its junk/fast food which I don't want.

So every few hours I eat some snacks but nothing consistent. But then I pig out when I get home, usually because I am starving.

Is this a problem? Will this inhibit my growth? Should I be eating meals every few hours or can I eat large quantities in one sitting as I am doing?

Is it the same to consume 4,000 calories throughout the day as it is to consume them in large chunks?

Thanks for the help.

Mr. Lu

accuFLEX
01-16-2009, 07:08 AM
No, what you're doing is not good.

If I was in your position, I'd quit. But if you have to make do, then I'd:

1. Start cooking when I got home. Chicken breast, brown rice, frozen veggies, etc etc. Do a search or check out the recipe section.

2. Buy protein powder and mix it with milk.

A "meal" could be a scoop of protein powder, 2 cups of milk and a piece of fruit for ~500 cals. Another meal could be chicken and brown rice.

Does your work have a kitchen? I couldn't imagine working the hours you do and trying to get by without cooking food somehow....

Mr. Lu
01-18-2009, 04:26 PM
No, what you're doing is not good.

If I was in your position, I'd quit. But if you have to make do, then I'd:

1. Start cooking when I got home. Chicken breast, brown rice, frozen veggies, etc etc. Do a search or check out the recipe section.

2. Buy protein powder and mix it with milk.

A "meal" could be a scoop of protein powder, 2 cups of milk and a piece of fruit for ~500 cals. Another meal could be chicken and brown rice.

Does your work have a kitchen? I couldn't imagine working the hours you do and trying to get by without cooking food somehow....

Thanks for the response. We do have a kitchen and I do bring food to cook with me, but not enough food for a 12 hour shift and not enough to consume the amount of calories I need. Like I said I could eat fast food everyday, but I don't want that so I need to figure out some of my options.

Mr. Lu

JeffCollins
01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I also have the same problem but i am trying to give some time for my workout.

Hawk45
01-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Do you work at a desk?

I bring all my food and eat throughout the day (seems constant sometimes)... fruit, leftovers, veggies, protein shakes w/ milk or water... basically constantly eating.. But "good" food and good calories.

redwolf4k
01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Consider bringing a 5lbs tub of whey protein, and keeping milk and a carton of egg whites at work. (assuming your kitchen has a public fridge) Wake up, eat your breakfast, go to work, half way to lunch make a shake with your whey powder, milk and egg whites, at lunch have a decent lunch, halfway after lunch have another shake, then go home and eat a good dinner. Then have a shake before bed, boom, done deal.

All you would need to do is keep the protein powder at work, keep milk and egg whites in the fridge, keep a shaker bottle at work, and your good. Make sure you get your veggies fruits and grains through your actually whole food meals.

If your lifting during your lunch break, after your workout Have a post workout shake made from the ingrediants above with some sort of insulin spike like a bananna, and then go get your lunch right after that, and have lunch.

You can still do it.