PDA

View Full Version : Is ketchup bad?

fevan
04-06-2002, 03:14 PM
I eat a ton of ketchup, i put it on everything but cereal. I use a bottle in about two weeks. Is this really bad. I have never heard anything about it anywhere.

unfmuscle
04-06-2002, 03:44 PM
I would say that Ketchup is not bad at all! The only thing i wuld look out for isthe sodium. Just look at the nutrition label.

Jane
04-06-2002, 03:50 PM
It's got a decent amount of sugar in it, and about 20-30 calories per tablespoon, I think. That isn't bad at all if it fits with your plan, but if you're looking for a less-sugary, less caloric alternative, salsa works pretty well. It might take a little while to get used to the spicier taste, but salsa tends to have more natural ingriedients at only 5 cals a tablespoon. It's up to you, really.

kAiXuan
04-06-2002, 03:52 PM
OoOoOoO jane, sounding very smart :thumbup:

=w=
04-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Jane is absolutley right - If it fits in with your caloric requirements it is fine. But you can not forget that it contains calories and they need to be considered when counting just like everythign else. Also, it isnt the best kind of carbs either (high fructose corn syrup) but like everything it is fine in moderation.