PDA

View Full Version : Glen Chabot

miked96
01-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I saw a video of him benching with Craig Titus, of all people, spotting him doing close grip. He says that he benches every 5 weeks and does close grip twice a week. I know Vincent Dizenzo trained with him so I was just curious how he trained?

vdizenzo
01-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Alrighty, where should I start. Let's see. I'm going to preface this with Glen rubbed a few people in the sport the wrong way inclduing myself. That being said, he was an absolute freak. Also, he was very influencial in my benching. He did not really give me a ton of advice on form and training, but he saw potential and really pushed me.

Regarding his training, it only made sense to Glen. He really did only bench about once a month. Once I saw his chest workout consist of cable crossovers. He did train everything hard. He wanted to look good and did. However, I would have loved to have seen what he could have done using more of a conventional benching routine.

What a stroll down memory lane this has been for me. I just watched a video from about five-six years ago at a meet where Glen was coaching me. This was before that video surfaced on pl watch.

Erik 23
01-17-2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrHnniN140

Vincent is this you handing off to him in the video? i just came across this and could of sworn that was you. So he really trained like this? no bands no chains no boards? if so that is crazy,he never really had a set routine i dont understand how the guy could barely bench and still make gains like this. Benching once a month, and the rest like just close grips and stuff.

Alrighty, where should I start. Let's see. I'm going to preface this with Glen rubbed a few people in the sport the wrong way inclduing myself. That being said, he was an absolute freak. Also, he was very influencial in my benching. He did not really give me a ton of advice on form and training, but he saw potential and really pushed me.

Regarding his training, it only made sense to Glen. He really did only bench about once a month. Once I saw his chest workout consist of cable crossovers. He did train everything hard. He wanted to look good and did. However, I would have loved to have seen what he could have done using more of a conventional benching routine.

What a stroll down memory lane this has been for me. I just watched a video from about five-six years ago at a meet where Glen was coaching me. This was before that video surfaced on pl watch.

joey54
01-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Looks like Vin to me.

bill
01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Funny I was looking at videos of James Henderson and found the one Eric posted also. Saw another of Glen doing 675 raw. He must be one of the best raw, 715 is what I found as the record.