PDA

View Full Version : deadlift socks

roots
01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Are these worth getting? Cause my shins have been getting pretty sore lately.

Reko
01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Sore? Or bloody?

roots
01-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Sore? Or bloody?

not bloody yet, but i have a scab and it will most likely tear. Right now I wear sweatpants but they dont help too much. Are deadlift socks that much different than soccer socks?

Reko
01-17-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't know, I've never used DL socks myself, but I have seen people put duct tape on their shins where the bar travels to prevent the bleeding/scalling while helping keep the bar from sticking like they would with sweats.

lenny spero
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
get a roll of duct tape and just run a strip of tape vertically.

jefflance1
01-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I have started using my neoprene knee cuffs on my shins when I dead lift. I wasn't using them anymore and they work really well at protecting the shins in dead lifts.

Benny Jackson
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
I used to go the duct tape route as per Lenny's advice, and it works well. But if you have hairy legs and aren't shaving its like waxing (not that I know to much about waxing... :hello: ) when the tape comes off.

For my last two dead lift sessions I have worn some soccer socks that a good dude gave me, they don't really protect against bruising, but I haven't broken the skin like I always did in the past. I vote for the socks!! :moon:

BigTallOx
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Are deadlift socks that much different than soccer socks?

I don't have deadlift socks, but I sometimes do deads in soccer socks. I don't know why though because I invariably still end up with bleeding shins with the soccer socks. Sometimes I wrap my shins with my knee wraps ( not tight like I wrap my knees when squatting though). I never end up bloody that way.

Chris Rodgers
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I used to bleed all over the bar. Then I started to wrap either duct tape or electrical tape around my legs, but if you do enough volume it just rips right through and you bleed on the bar anyway. So now I have deadlift socks and on my shin that is worse, I put tape underneath the sock. It works pretty well and worse case scenario some blood gets on the sock, but the bar stays clean and I no longer leave DNA samples on it. :hello: