PDA

View Full Version : Length of Bulking Phase?

Puddle_Pirate
01-18-2009, 05:28 PM
About how long do most of yall go on a bulking phase for?

I suppose it depends on weight gain wanted, rate at which weight is taken on, and the point at which you think too much BF has been added (as of a ratio to LBM).....right?

What is some of yall's figures?

Unreal
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Exactly what you said. However long it takes to get to my desired goals/weight. Could be 10 weeks, could be a year.

tom183
01-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Ive been bulking for a little over a year now and have gone from 78kg - 91kg. I doubt that I will cut until I'm atleast 100kg which, if everything goes to plan, should be late this year. Whenever it is, the mirror will determine when I cut, not a number/percentage.

Puddle_Pirate
01-20-2009, 07:23 AM
so what rate are you going for.....~1 Lb/week, or what???

Jorge Sanchez
01-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Dude, you need to stop worrying about this. You are at an unhealthy weight. Your primary concern should be getting to a health weight, not limiting fat gains.

I don't want to insult you, but are you anorexic? You seem to have an unhealthy desire to stay very lean.

Puddle_Pirate
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Dude, you need to stop worrying about this. You are at an unhealthy weight. Your primary concern should be getting to a health weight, not limiting fat gains.

I don't want to insult you, but are you anorexic? You seem to have an unhealthy desire to stay very lean.
no, dude....i am not anorexic. i really preciate ur concern though. so not to insult you or anything, that is a no to you, the screwed up psychologist @ the Academy who thought I was, and all the other people out there that may have any suspicions.....

i love eating - i am either working out or in the kitchen. i just want to go about this the right way. if you wanted to diagnose me w/ something, just diagnose me w/ being ocd and that i like to control things; and considering this is my body, i think i have that right to want to control it.

AKMass
01-21-2009, 07:01 AM
I understand where you're coming from, not wanting to put on fat, but I do think you're worrying too much about it... On my last bulk, which lasted around four months, I put on about 2-3 lbs a week, and my body looked wayyy better than when I started. I really think, for you at this point, all you need to be concerned with is that your weight is going up. You can be OCD about it if you want, just expect really slow progress.