PDA

View Full Version : Help me set a cheap and easy meal plan!

Lofemofe
01-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Hi, I'm starting a new diet and exercise routine. The problem I have is finding the right foods to fit into this routine. I don't do much cooking so I would want foods I can eat without my prep time. I want foods that I can buy cheap at the supermarket and pretty much just open and eat. My goals are to eat the following each day:

carbs 65g/day (260 cals),
protein 201g/day (804 cals),
fat 26 g/day (234 cals)

Using that as a guideline... What would you guys suggest I pick up from the grocery store to keep with this diet?

Also, do you guys have suggestions for any fastfoods I can buy when I'm out... I guess Subway is always an option but I get sick of that fast lol.

deeder
01-19-2009, 05:27 AM
1300 calories a day? Please tell me you're a woman....

Donnajo
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Crap... I am a woman and that is too low for me.

king8329
01-19-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Login.html?_a_Date=1227916800.

Lofemofe
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Is that too low? I've done it before.. it hurts but i can do it... lol. I did a simple calculation and found that my maintenence calories were like 2400... So I halfed that for the routine i'm on.

I know about fitday... i've used it before... but it that's only good if you already know generally what you want to eat. I'm lookin for some suggestions here.

Thanks guys.

cphafner
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Is that too low? I've done it before.. it hurts but i can do it... lol. I did a simple calculation and found that my maintenence calories were like 2400... So I halfed that for the routine i'm on.

I know about fitday... i've used it before... but it that's only good if you already know generally what you want to eat. I'm lookin for some suggestions here.

Thanks guys.

Wow, no. Start by cutting about 500 calories off your maintenance and then lower from there if the weight stops coming off.

Lofemofe
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I dunno I've always had a problem with ambiguity. If i'm gonna do something I wanna do it right. Either go hard or go home for me... its hard for me to do the in between.

So if you guys don't mind I'll stick to the 1300... if it gets to hard i guess I could cheat upwards.

So anyone have any sample meal plans?

TKisner
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I dunno I've always had a problem with ambiguity. If i'm gonna do something I wanna do it right. Either go hard or go home for me... its hard for me to do the in between.

So if you guys don't mind I'll stick to the 1300... if it gets to hard i guess I could cheat upwards.

So anyone have any sample meal plans?

Its not about it being hard or easy. The complaints are because its a dumb idea. You will lose considerable muscle in addition to the fat loss. And that little amount of fat is unhealthy.

Lofemofe
01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Its not about it being hard or easy. The complaints are because its a dumb idea. You will lose considerable muscle in addition to the fat loss. And that little amount of fat is unhealthy.

Well I'm following The Ultimate Diet 2.0 actually, and its worked for people on here before and I've been on it before for a cut. It's doable... but like I said I'm still adjusting as I go.