PDA

View Full Version : Career Depends on Gaining Weight (Part 2)

Puddle_Pirate
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Ok, for those of you who read what I originally posted:

I was just prescribed to an injectionable form of Test. for 200 mg (taken once/2 weeks). I'm not sure exactly of the brand name though (ex: cypionate or phenylpropionate). The secretary for the Doc. I talked to on the phone was not exactly sure. But I'll probably be picking it up tomorrow.

Anyways, are any of you guys familiar w/ injectionable Test???
I've really been waiting to get this before I started bulking and was just curious to maybe how much of an impact it would have - as far as the impact on my "bulk" and on protein retention??? (bc I know all of yall out there think I really need help...lol.

The thing is, I've actually been taking Testim (50 mg/tube taken each day) - a transdermal application (gel) - but it really hasn't done much for me health wise. And it's not like I've been able to get any testing done on me since I've been back, bc since I left the Coast Guard Academy I've been w/o insurance....yah, sucks a big one lol. Now I'm back in a colllege though, so I'll will have insurance again soon. So far, I've just been real lucky to have contacts who had Dr.s as friends.

PHOENIX
01-20-2009, 08:04 AM
what kind of career is this?
just curious.

Puddle_Pirate
01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
what kind of career is this?
just curious.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=120218

Brad08
01-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Dude, you need to EAT. The test may help (although don't expect miracles w/ 200 mg every two weeks [100mg/wk]) but simply EATING a healthy amount each and every day should improve your hormonal profile and "well being." That's why you shouldn't "wait" for the Test to start "bulking." Just start eating. And don't say "I eat like a horse but can't gain weight!!!" Unless you have a medical condition, you simply need to eat MORE each and every hour of each and every day. I'm not going to rehash it; it's been said a million times.

Basically, ignore the Test. If your doc prescribes it, take it. And get regular blood tests to track your relevant hormonal levels. But it's not magic. Just get to work with the fork and knife.

Unreal
01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
In the time it took to write this post you could have ate 500 calories. Stop posting and eat.

Big Jay
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
man
your what 5 foot 7 and 105 lbs
your 1 skinny ****
however i was worse
i was 6 foot 1 and 127 lbs
so please take this advice and eat.
don't worry about your bodyfat%
you need it to get higher
alot higher than it is now... which is evident if your body isn't producing enough testosterone.
i ate 20 cals per lbs of body weight and gainned 50 lbs in 4 months
and that was with a terrible work out plan... only compond lift i did was the bench press.

you want to join the coast guard? like that ashton kutcher movie?
seriously gain weight... muscle and fat.... otherwise the only use you'll be when you jump into the sea is a floatation device

good luck

Puddle_Pirate
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
man
your what 5 foot 7 and 105 lbs
your 1 skinny ****
however i was worse
i was 6 foot 1 and 127 lbs
so please take this advice and eat.
don't worry about your bodyfat%
you need it to get higher
alot higher than it is now... which is evident if your body isn't producing enough testosterone.
i ate 20 cals per lbs of body weight and gainned 50 lbs in 4 months
and that was with a terrible work out plan... only compond lift i did was the bench press.

you want to join the coast guard? like that ashton kutcher movie?
seriously gain weight... muscle and fat.... otherwise the only use you'll be when you jump into the sea is a floatation device

good luck
sidenote: not exactly like Ashton Kutcher.....he was enlisted. I'm going to be an Officer.

but anyways, do yall think that my bulk as an endurance athlete should probably be around 1 Lb/week???

I'm going to try and shoot for 24 x BW and see how that goes. For me, it's almost 3000 cal. I used to be a runner, but due to injury and until it can be worked out, I cycle heavily so I'll def. be trying to pack it in. My strength-training consists of rotations of lower-body and core and upper-body and core 5 days/week.

Thanks....really preciate it.

Stats:
current weight- 115 Lbs
BF%- ~4%
Goal- 150-155 Lbs.