PDA

View Full Version : How often do you train in your suit/wraps/shirt?

thegreatone
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
How often are you guys using your equipment during training? Every 2-3 weeks? I'm thinking of using it every third week. I am use a 5/3/1 template and I am thinking about using it on the 3rd week. I am just wondering what others are doing.

drew
01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
In the bench shirt 2 out of 3 weeks.
In the squat suit 3 out of 4 weeks.
Knee wraps only for meet prep/meet or if I'm going for a big PR.
Wrist wraps all the time.

Ben Moore
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
In the bench shirt 2 out of 3 weeks.
In the squat suit 3 out of 4 weeks.
Knee wraps only for meet prep/meet or if I'm going for a big PR.
Wrist wraps all the time.

Yep...

Chris Rodgers
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I typically squat in equipment 49/52 weeks, lol.

I use it often, but then again I like to compete often and I am a gear whore. My technique in and out of gear(particularly in the squat) is like night and day.

Travis Bell
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
In my shirt once every 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't recommend that for everyone though

Some people have past injuries that prevent much raw training and others are new enough to the equipment that they need to be in it more frequently so they can learn the technique.

I will say that when it comes to shirted benching, if you feel like your form is getting worse and worse, get out of the shirt for a week or two and come back to it. Some end up pushing it until they develop really bad habits and get super frustrated with their bench shirts. Benching in your shirt is super technical, take your time

mastermonster
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm in my shirt practically every bench night. Partly because that's how I finally learned how to really use it, and because I have 90 years old shoulders (they've been through he** in 53 years). I train in briefs and wraps every squat night for similar reasons. I train in my squat suit every week for the last 8-10 weeks up to a meet and go up in weight and down on reps. I only DL off the floor 1 time per month and wear a suit each time now.

drew
01-20-2009, 06:26 AM
I will say that when it comes to shirted benching, if you feel like your form is getting worse and worse, get out of the shirt for a week or two and come back to it. Some end up pushing it until they develop really bad habits and get super frustrated with their bench shirts. Benching in your shirt is super technical, take your time

This is great advice. I've been a victim of just that and fortunately I have training partners who have told me to get out of the shirt for a few weeks. I generally come back much better after a break from the shirt.

thegreatone
01-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks Guys! I think I'll go 2 on/ 1 off and see how it goes from there. Does that sound reasonable?