PDA

View Full Version : Tendinitis acting up again

BFGUITAR
01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
My patellar tendinitis acting up starting again. I have found that I only feel it from doing reps, weight never seems to be an issue. I keep my knee wrapped at all times (loosely for light weight). After some heavier sets I did a set of 20 and after I definitely felt it. Is there anything in specific that can remove such pain? Is there a way I can wrap my knee to really prevent pain?

Sidior
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
How often do you ice?

BFGUITAR
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Never lol.
Should I ice after every lifting session?

Sidior
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Take a bunch of iburprofen for a few days and ice as often as you can. From there ice after every session and any other time you are free.

jed
01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
one word bro : NAPROXEN.

ive been on this anti-inflam for 4 years.

BFGUITAR
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I will begin icing right now. If it still hurts I will take some anti-inflams.

Sidior
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
one word bro : NAPROXEN.

ive been on this anti-inflam for 4 years.

Why have you been on an anti-inflam for 4 years?

Detard
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Why have you been on an anti-inflam for 4 years?

:alcoholic::smoke:

jed
01-19-2009, 06:45 PM
lawl dan.. well sid since my freshman year of football i had tendonitis in both elbows, and it never healed because i lifted in the offseason too so they never got a chance to rest. now that footballs over their done getting banged up, but mid football season i had a small ligament tear in my wrist so i still need em haha. i only use em for harsh situations tho dont worry, ive adapted to the pain.

geoffsherman
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I have the same issues as I tore my patellar tendon a long time ago. Some things to consider:
(a) Look into APT knee sleeves. They help keep the knees warm which has helped me a lot.
(b) Foam roll the hell out of your quads, groin, IT band, and hips. You would be amazed at how interconnected the lower body is
(c) Make sure your GPP doesn't aggravate it. I had to cut back on my running and Prowler work because that really makes it worse.

teamshower
01-21-2009, 09:29 AM
you said you wrap loosely, some will say that won't help, i find that it does. Aside from that, i've found pretty much common sense stuff (i've had 2 years of tendonitis in both knees playing basketball)
Ice, and ibuprofen will dull the pain and control the swelling.
Good warm ups will get them working better, and they'll hurt less.
I find wraps have them hurting less.
Taking time off will heal them
Also... don't do stuff that hurts them if you don't need to, i.e if high reps bother them, don't do high reps. Think about how much you'll improve by doing high reps vs. how much you'll be hindered by the pain, is it worth it?

BFGUITAR
01-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I may do 8-10 reps per set instead of 20, that may help as well.
Thanks guys.

DrDudley-Robey
01-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Use a heating linament to warm up the tendons before you lift (Flex Power, etc..) If you MD says its ok for you try 2 aleve with your pre-workout meal (not on an empty stomach) and if that fails talk to your MD about injecting kennalog into the area.