PDA

View Full Version : How do you set up banded deadlifts...

Hazerboy
01-19-2009, 09:57 PM
...without a jump stretch platform? At my gym we have several cages and a lot of very heavy dumbels. I've thought about *standing* on the bands but i'm thinking that could be very dangerous...

so far all i've been able to do is reverse band deadlifts but those really aren't the same.

Sidior
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
If you have an elevated base you can double them or choke them around that. You can also set them up with dumbbells. I thinks lones may have a video of that.

Detard
01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I'll take a picture of my setup tomorrow when I do them.

KarstenDD
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
If you have an elevated base you can double them or choke them around that. You can also set them up with dumbbells. I thinks lones may have a video of that.

Somewhere in his log with in the past month there is a video or pictures.

Lones Green
01-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Yup, I did pulls against bands 2 or 3 weeks ago, there is a pic of the setup in my training log. It works well.

Reko
01-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Easy - you go to 1-0-7 and use our band set up there :D

Rusty
01-20-2009, 09:36 AM
If you don't have a platform, the easiest way is to stand on them.

Ben Moore
01-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Put the heavy dumbbells on the outside of the rack at the 4 posts. Loop the bands around the outside of the rack as well as around the db handles. You'll need 2-4 carabiners depending on doubling or quadrupling the bands. It's really pretty easy, but takes some setup time and weird looks from gymgoers. But most of us are used to those looks...

Darracq
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Get some 20inch bands, they are great for dealifting, take the band under the rack and up to the bar.You can put some heavy dumbells on the rack to keep it from flipping. I didnt like standing on the band i felt like i was going to fall over.

Hazerboy
01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'm going to go with what Lones was doing.

I should have been more descriptive about our racks here... they're kind of weird. We have a whole row of them, and its set up such that you can bench on one side and squat on the other (instead of lifting in the racks, you lift on the outside of them.. on either side). They're fixed somehow to the floor and on the squat/deadlift side they have a platform. "In" the actual rack there is a place to stand so you can spot the bench. So there really isn't any way to attach the bands to the bottom...

Here is a vid of me attempting a 430 squat something like 6 months ago for a better idea of what our racks look like (if you search around you can find one of me benching 260 that is on the "bench" side of the racks..) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trIVlBzJOIU

thanks again for the input guys.

SGT ROCK
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
If you don't have a platform, the easiest way is to stand on them.

Indeed! It is possible to use a db set up but I agree, simply standing on them works and requires no guess work.

Semper Fi

Hazerboy
01-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Indeed! It is possible to use a db set up but I agree, simply standing on them works and requires no guess work.

Semper Fi

I've never actually tried it but it lookes like I'll have to next workout lol. It looks like it would be kind of dangerous though... do you ever feel like you're going to fall over??