PDA

View Full Version : what cna i add for more protein?

TheGMan
01-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Each night i get some chicken breasts and ovan bake them, brush with oil and then eat them the next day, i also have carrot and parsnips, also baked with olive oil.

Each day i roughly have for dinner one chicken breast, one carrot and one parsnip, (i have added 2 salad potatoes today for soemthing different)

Apart from doubling up on the chicken (which i have thought about doing but can be quite expensive) what can i do to add extra protein?

I have thought of a few things including:-

Tin of stewed steak - nice, protein, add chicken and veg but it is a huge meal!
Tuna - I do like tuna but not with this mixture
Protein shake - easy but want to experiment with the food before supplimenting
MOre chicken
Adding some fish - may be an option is the fish juice doesnt ruin my chicken?

Any more things you can think of?

Cheers everyone

Mike

-JM-
01-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Are you just trying to increase the protein for one particular meal?

Are you eating clean? I would suggest wrapping the chicken in 2-3 slices of thick cut bacon. ~6-8gs of protein?

You are right, fish and foul is not genarally a good combo.

What about another side of refried beans or something like that? Chick peas, Kidney beans, Black eye peas etc are a decent source of protein. ~10gs in half a cup?

Wash it all down with about 500mls of milk. ~15gs protein.

Try mixing things up a lot more.... red meat, fish, pork products. Eating baked chicken breast everyday will become a grind.

anonymous1
01-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Protein shake is the best option, no point messing around with food if it's just going to make eating more of a pain if you've got it covered overall.

king8329
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
peanut butter, nuts, sunflower seed kernels.... not really "meal" foods but more like snack items that you can eat whenever throughout the day. Good sources of "healthy" fats as well.

TheGMan
01-27-2009, 03:44 AM
The chicken and veg at the min is great but i need to change the veg around or you are right i will get board, may add water and a stock cube to it a few days and get some cheat gravey!!

Yeah i am trying to eat clean, cut out as much fat as possible as i am not doing an awful lot of training at the min, the bacon seems like a good idea but can be quite expensite.

I know about the protein shakes but was thinking about something i could do that would be very cheap and not be actual food, protein shakes make me fart like a trooper and the wife doesnt appreciate the constant stink coming from me!!

I thought about nuts etc but again full of fat? I do like them though!!

Milk is a good one, i bought some more last night so will be having more of that, i also bought a water melon as i like it and more chicken.

Cheers for the info up to now, has anyone ever tried to eat like this and has it worked well??

Cheers everyone

Twirl
01-27-2009, 07:28 AM
When you overload your body with protein regardless as to where it comes from you will get the man stench. Live it and love it. There's actually a thread right below this about "the man gas." Just make sure balance out the protein, fiber, fats, carbs and you should even out pretty quickly. But if you're bulking, gl trying to keep the monster at bay.

whiteman90909
01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Tuna dude. It's cheap and versatile, but most importantly, it's loaded with protein.