PDA

View Full Version : box squat height

teamshower
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
hey guys, i'm not looking for a number but.... I have access to two things, a. a relatively low bench, it's maybe exactly parallel, or 1/4 above at most (i'm nearly 6'6)
The other thing i have is a box that i built specifically for squatting onto,and it's about an inch below parallel. On the high one my form is perfect (relatively speaking, obviously) on the low one i lose tightness, and gm the weight up. I have a meet coming up in 10 weeks (my first one) and am unsure what box to use, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reko
01-20-2009, 10:20 AM
you could always try free squatting

teamshower
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
of course i can, and i will. I'm not neglecting them, but i find my squat climbs quickly when i box squat, i'm just trying to figure out what people think the best way to get the most out of them are. They are a tool just like anything else, i'd rather not neglect them, just as i'd rather not neglect free squatting

Reko
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
a little lower is probably a little higher IMO. especially if you are not as good at them.

KarstenDD
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
use the low one, buy some pieces of 3/4 inch plywood, use them to adjust the height, raise the box height to good depth.