PDA

View Full Version : Cut or keep bulking?

Ogrew
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Im new here, started working out 1 year ago
been bulking for about 7 months
went from 200lbs to 240lbs
6'2"
BF17%
41" waist... starting to not fit in certain pairs of jeans
So bulk or cut?

Southern Beast
01-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but your waist doesn't look 41" around and you don't look 240. It all depends on your goals. I think if you're decently trim at 240, which you look, I'd aim even higher.

My verdict: Bulk to 260. :) Then cut.

Ogrew
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
thx for the tip
but yea its 41 :P

Mercuryblade
01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
You have some huge arms and shoulders, but your back and chest look like they are lagging behind. Not saying they look bad at all, so please don't take any offense to that comment. This may be more to blame on genetics than your routine.
It's only January, and unless you live in someplace pretty warm you have about 5 more months until beach season hits. I'd say keep bulking.

Ogrew
01-22-2009, 01:37 AM
thanks for the comment, yea truth be told i live in Canada, we dont have any fancy beach's where i live :(
I just started doing much better back excercises for bulking... barbell row. deadlifts, wide grip pullups, t bar, pullovers, etc. I think that'll help me out alot
Chest i've been pushin out alot harder too, seems to be my slowest growing muscle

jtrink
01-22-2009, 06:54 AM
yeh, id say bulk for a little bit more just because it's winter. As it gets closer to spring/summer start to slim down.

jAy_Dub
01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I would definitely start a cut. Who cares what time of the year it is? Gauge yourself by the mirror, if you feel like you need to cut, then cut. If you dont care about the fat and are comfortable with trying to gain more size then bulk, but remember with more size comes more fat and it will take that much longer to cut when you decide to diet down. I've learned this through experience, getting fat for muscle gains is NOT the way to go.

Mad Max
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
You don't aooear to have gained much fat, so keep doing what you're doing.

Cards
01-22-2009, 01:00 PM
my personal opinion would be cut but only be alittle per week. if you still train ball to the wall you could make progress while doing this aswell.

Irish Pilot
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I would definitely start a cut. Who cares what time of the year it is? Gauge yourself by the mirror, if you feel like you need to cut, then cut. If you dont care about the fat and are comfortable with trying to gain more size then bulk, but remember with more size comes more fat and it will take that much longer to cut when you decide to diet down. I've learned this through experience, getting fat for muscle gains is NOT the way to go.

This is coming from a guy who had (forgive me J) a decent bodyfat percentage and successfully cut down to a tremendous look. Every sentence in what he told you is worth reading twice. Give his advice serious consideration. Its the voice of a guy who has seen both sides of the coin.

Guitar90
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I think you could keep standing to bulk, you look like you've done a very clean job of it.

Ogrew
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
alright, its settled, im going to cut so i can fit in my pants again and lose the 41" waist, plus i want better endurance for hockey this season, ill post results periodically!~

Tryn
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
nice

PWR
02-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Your waist is not 41in. Your measuring at your belly button. You look to have about a 36in waist.

Painzer
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Your waist is not 41in. Your measuring at your belly button. You look to have about a 36in waist.

QFT.