PDA

View Full Version : Carbs Before Bed?

Puddle_Pirate
01-22-2009, 04:26 AM
What is the main result of this? Is it ok to have w/ ur nightly protein (ie cottage cheese, shake, etc)???

Will the body be burning these carbs when ur sleeping instead of fat (or protein) - if so, wouldn't this actually prevent muscle loss during the night???

anonymous1
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
It is fine to have some carbs that go along with what you are eating to fill in your protein/calories. Most people report that a high carb meal before bed increases fat gain, which would be true if you are bulking you would add fat quicker because you will be definitely be storing some of those carbs while you sleep and in a calorie surplus you will never burn them off.

For cutting, It won't make a difference because whatever fat you stored overnight will be burned off the next day. If you dig deeper you might find some evidence to show that you're better off avoiding the fat storage in the first place, I've never seen it but it would make sense to me.

Brad08
01-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Aren't you the 115 lb guy?

Don't worry about the results of eating carbs before bed. Start eating and get that scale moving.

Unreal
01-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I would drink a 44oz thing of milk or soda or whatever right before bed if I was you. The only worry I would have is drinking caffeine before bed keeping you up. Eat a few cups of cereal or a bag of chips or a few donuts.

Jorge Sanchez
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Goddamn it, you need to eat more. Don't worry about this trivial ****. Eat everything you can get your hands on.

I honestly think you should speak to a psychiatrist. It sounds like you have some issues around eating.

Unreal
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I 100% agree with Jorge. Go see a head doctor and get your head fixed. You have serious mental issues.

Big Jay
01-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Goddamn it, you need to eat more. Don't worry about this trivial ****. Eat everything you can get your hands on.

I honestly think you should speak to a psychiatrist. It sounds like you have some issues around eating.
agreed.
we're not trying to be mean... you have been told that your bodyfat is at an unhealthy level... so low your body is producing the same level of testosterone as a teenage girl and your doctor has had to give you medication.... and yet just like a teenage girl your scared to put on fat... with all these threads you actually do sound really scared. why? why are you scared of having a bodyfat % of a healthy man? why do you want to look like kira knightley?
Start eating... anything high in cals
if your still scared and you can't give a good answer as to why.
for the sake of your health i would go see a psychiatrist because wanting to stay below 5% bodyfat when your only 105lbs is scary.
those ripped guys you see on mens health etc.... around 10%

whiteman90909
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Until you hit 200 for the first time, don't worry about being as efficient as possible. just EAT.

Jorge Sanchez
01-23-2009, 06:18 AM
we're not trying to be mean...

I want to reitirate this. We aren't trying to be mean, but there is a reason you are at an unhealthy weight and you seem to have some aversion to fixing that.

Holto
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Aren't you the 115 lb guy?

Don't worry about the results of eating carbs before bed. Start eating and get that scale moving.

I love that this is nearly identical to your post in the other thread. :)

Sound advice.