PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

ultimullet
01-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I have never been to a more informative site. Although I dont post much, I am on every night to read up on the latest advice. It is my heart felt gratitude that professional/very experienced powerlifters take the time to answer questions to novices such as myself. I am currently cutting weight to get into a lower weight class for a raw meet coming up in March. Due to the knowlege of people on this site I feel I can set PR on bench and deadlift. I cant squat much anymore due to the shrapnel in my knee I received in Afghanistan (the only free thing I got from our wonderful government lol) I have been taking the weight loss stack from AtLargeNutrion and couldnt be happier. I went from 251 to 234 in 6 weeks!!!!! I havent lost a bit of strength either! So, I just want to say thanks. Keep it real and keep it heavy.

Ryan Hale
01-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Best of luck my friend.And thank-you for your service to our country.

Ryan Hale

Eric Downey
01-23-2009, 07:18 AM
cool what weight class are you trying to get to and thanks for the props bro. i think i speak for alot of us when i say if someone would have taken the time to help us we wouldnt be where were at today.

ultimullet
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Im trying to get down to the 220 class for now, but my ultimate goal is to be 198 at contest. Its coming off slowly but surely and Im realistic that it is going to take hard work and time. This is the fun part though! Working my arse off to reach a goal that matters a lot to me. Oh, anyone know any good raw lifting routines?

Travis Bell
01-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Well said Eric. We all like sharing because someone took the time to share with us, and we listened. I'm always bouncing ideas off of several of the pros here. Its a great site to learn stuff every day

Good luck in your goals man!

FFHill
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I echo Ryan's sentiments... Thanks for serving.

ultimullet
01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Man I got buried at 500 bench today!:cry: Last week I blew up 480. I just dont know what happened. I ate good and got plenty of rest. I mean I couldnt even move it. I felt weak at everything today. Oh well it happens I guess.

fulldaddy
01-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't hit what you were ideally shooting for - cutting weight & staying strong is a different animal.

I certainly echo the thoughts of your original post. While i post here in spurts I am on here all the time reading & trying to learn more about my new sport. It never ceases to amaze me when the guys I think of as the "big timers" - guys I read about in USA Powerlifting & so on take the time to answer questions from first time posters or lifters just trying to learn. Usually the questions being answered were just asked a week or two ago but it doesn't matter. That goes a LONG way in growing your sport. "Pay it forward" comes to mind.

Whether you are accomplished or soon to be - thank you for making this a pretty cool place to be.

Ryano
01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Ultimullet,thanks for your service to the country. One of the best things about this site, is that there is no petty bickering, federation bashing, name calling crap. It's just people giving their open opinions about lifting. Not everyone agrees, but it stops with that. Sometimes hitting a century mark(400,500,600...) can be a mental thing. When you get under it, do so with the attitude that you "own" that weight. Good luck.

ultimullet
01-25-2009, 02:10 AM
thanks for the words guys. Turns out I have fricking mono lol. Doc says no lifting for 3 weeks. I laughed at him hahaha. I told him not gonna happen. I bought some more weight for my home bench( I have a power a power rack and a lat machine, Ill be fine) , so I wouldnt get my fellow Iron heads at the gym sick. The only way to keep an Airborne Ranger down is to cut off his legs or kill him!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh Im going to see flogging Molly in Cleveland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait! Maybe I can be an honorary Irishman for a night!! GET UNDERNEATH THAT F%^KING STEEL AND LIFT IT!!!!

rbtrout
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I wanna say the same 'Thanks, guys' that a few others have. During the past year, I've switched more and more to pling routines. This year is full blown pling. I might not ever compete, but the help and reading through all the posts is really appreciated.