PDA

View Full Version : westside method book questions

slashkills
01-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok i just got the westide book of methods recently and im pretty sure i got it im just making sure. From what i understand you are supposed to have 4 training days a week. Two for Me bench & a Me squat and deadlift day. Two for a De bench & a day for De squat and deadlift. On max effort days never actually do a 1 rep max. Keep it to 2-3 reps to failure. And for dynamic effort day use a different method(ie: chains and band variations) every week. so the week should look like this
Mon: Me squat & deadlift
wed: Me bench
fri: De squat & deadlift
sun: De bench

Does that look right? And one question i have is on Me squat & deadlift day i do a squat and deadlift variations on the same day or change up between the two every week? Thanks

Ben Moore
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Actually they work up to a single on ME work as well, just not a true max most of the time. Most rotate through ME exercises every week. As for the ME squat and dead day - different strokes for different folks. We rotate where we go heavy on the squat variation and light on the dl variation then switch the focus the next week.

slashkills
01-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, but what do you mean by not a true max

Brad08
01-24-2009, 10:30 AM
The book doesn't explain this stuff?

jbrin0tk
01-24-2009, 10:38 AM
The book doesn't explain this stuff?

It does, actually. Slashkills, there is a lot of information in there, so much so that it can seem like information overload. However, if you read a little more closely you should be able to find the answers you need.

slashkills
01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
yea there is a ton in the book. I'm hilighting a bunch just to help.
it was in the book I just didn't comprehend it the first time through.

andyhauss
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I train at westside in the morning crew so i can answer your question.
mon- me lower. some type of pull, goodmorning or squat 1-3 rm

wed-me upper 1 rm various pressing movements.

fri-de lower. straight bar box squat 5+ sets of doubles sometimes working up to a heavy strain followed by speed pulls.

sat- de upper. speed bench
all days do tons of volume on accessory work. don't slack on this