PDA

View Full Version : low cal diet already, to lose fat go lower?

ripchase
01-24-2009, 04:36 PM
ok i dont have the best diet "routine" going, meaning i eat only 2 meals a day due to work hours and sleep time....but i keep them low calorie meals..( im not really training now,trying to cut) so my question is...do i go lower in cals to drop more fat or just pump out the cardio.....also...will i be able to drop fat if i continue to have a low cal diet but not that much cardio?

whiteman90909
01-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Why on earth would you stop training? Your body will ditch the muscle before the fat as the muscle no longer has any use since you're not using it! (clear enough?)

If you want good results, you need a good diet and a good training regiment. End of story.

What's your current weight/what are your average daily macros?

ripchase
01-25-2009, 02:31 PM
whiteman youve read my "new member" file but i guess not my other post....im currently on leg monitor therefore im not able to go to the gym, hence the reasoning for not training and also the reason for trying to keep my calorie intake so low....like i said in the "new member" thread, ive been to the "mountain top" before(nice size and ripped) i know the basics behind how to achieve my goals,but i have this new thing(leg monitor & no routine) to throw into the equation <----reasoning for this post

DetailsPlanning
01-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I agree with whiteman990909, skipping meals cannot lose you weight. It is a wrong concept that most people have
because it slower down your metabolism. If you want to lose weight, you want to increase your metabolism
and not slowing it down.

Okay. ripchase, you need a balance diet rather than just look a quick fix. I know it sounds boring but
it is the most effective ways of losing weights and please do know weight loss takes time and Rome
wasn't built in one day!

ripchase
01-27-2009, 09:15 AM
ok i see what you are saying,but ok here is a scenario....i up my meals to 5 small meals a day low calories it speeds up my metabolism,buuuut with the added calories and me not burning them will my metabolism speed up enough to still burn the newy added calories enoughto cause weight lose?

Unreal
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Eating more doesn't speed up your metabolism. That is a common myth.

ripchase
01-29-2009, 11:16 AM
ive heard this before, why is this not true unreal....isnt the idea behind this that each meal you eat your metabolism start to worj on it and then by time your next meal come youe metabloism is still kicking so basically it just kinda keep sit rolling throughout the day, therefore almost always "on"

whiteman90909
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I gotcha, but I'm gonna have to stick to my guns on this. You need some sort of routine dude, even if it's just a bodyweight circuit or something. You're body needs a reason to keep the muscle you have. Granted, you seem to have pretty ****ing good genetics... go on craigslist.com and see if you can find a cheap squat rack or oly weight set that you can have a buddy pick up and drop off at your house or something.

And I think with the metabolism thing, even if it does speed it up, its so negligible that it's not worth focusing your time on.

Unreal
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
ive heard this before, why is this not true unreal....isnt the idea behind this that each meal you eat your metabolism start to worj on it and then by time your next meal come youe metabloism is still kicking so basically it just kinda keep sit rolling throughout the day, therefore almost always "on"

So you get 6 small bumps instead of 3 large ones. Studies have show no difference in body composition and metabolism from eating once a day or 6 times a day. The once a day raised the metabolism more and for a longer period while the 6 small ones raised it slightly for short time. The end effect was both did the same thing at the end of the day. 6 smaller meals is a good strategy if it helps you control calories and stick to a diet plan. I can't do that because it just makes me hungry all the time and want to eat. A smaller lunch, small preworkout meal, then larger dinner after workout and a prebed snack works best for me. Dieting is all about finding what works for you. I do 4 meals a day with 1 being about 1/2 my daily calories. That meal lets me feel full which I need.

ripchase
01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
yeah ive begun to look around and have found a few on craig im intrested in,sounds like the best thing and even after gettin off of the monitor ill still have the home gym......(unreal) intresting on the study, im wondering what the reasons are behind those finds....does the study explain why the metabolism worx the way it does in each case? or just gives the results?

Unreal
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
There are tons of studies. Go find them and read them. The basics of how your metabolism works is well understood.