PDA

View Full Version : Milk crazy

etcarl
01-25-2009, 12:21 AM
I've noticed something weird and put off asking about it on here till now, but I have to. I haven't had milk in maybe ten years. And now that I got a big jug; it's like I have an addiction to it. It doesn't last a whole day. When I drink it; I get the feeling like I just ran a marathon in the sahara and am guzzling water down. I never feel refreshed from anything. But it's like I ''NEED'' it. And it makes me feel a million times better than I've ever felt. It's crazy. I can't stop drinking it. And when I start chugging it out of the jug; I have to stop myself before I drink the whole thing. I don't know what's wrong with me. This is weird.

Do you think maybe I have a severe calcium deficieny? And my body is craving it the way a preggo craves weird things? My ankles and wrists have always been a little weak. Maybe that's it, but I don't know. I know people on here naturally drink a lot of milk, but it seems like I'm over doing it and can't help it. I could be full enough from dinner to puke, and I could chug a ton of milk and still feel refreshed and want more. I also considered that milks weird new industrial chemicals and hormones might be getting me addicted, but I doubt that. I've never heard of someone having a ''milk addiction''.

Anyone here ever feel that way? Like the milk refreshes you in a weird way, and you just want to drink a gallon of it a day? The sugary milk drinks don't do it for me either, nor does rice or almond milk. I just drink a little and go ''meh''. Only normal milk does this to me. I drank a lot when I was a kid too. I feel like I shouldn't even buy it anymore because I know I'm just going to keep drinking too much of the stuff. Anyhow; input would definitely be appreciated.

Progress
01-25-2009, 07:14 AM
What kind of milk?

etcarl
01-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Normal stuff you buy in a gallon. 2%, skim, whole, vitamin D milk. Basically just plain old cows milk.

jed
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
it sucks for your pocketbook, but it's a beneficial addiction. just be sure to get some water down or youll dehydrate.

Progress
01-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Whole milk fills me up, at least for a little a while.

EmericaBadBoy
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I read some of this but found it very boring and didnt finsh reading it all, but some of it made good since, but then again there is always pros and cons on just about everything.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/63483

- i am very lactose intolerant and can only drink soy milk, so i couldnt tell you anything except that i am a soy freak and love it and even id i wasnt lactose intolerant i would still drink soy milk.

etcarl
01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Haha, I'm allergic to soy. Otherwise; I hear it's pretty good stuff.

Big Jay
01-26-2009, 07:07 AM
it sucks for your pocketbook, but it's a beneficial addiction. just be sure to get some water down or youll dehydrate.
why would you get dehydrated just drinking milk?

jed
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
you need SOME water in your diet to be sufficient for your system to flush out the toxins w/ urine. if you drink everything BUT water, you may not necessarily dehydrate seriously, but youll get some dehydration and your urine will be quite yeller and such. all im sayin.

Notorious
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
you need SOME water in your diet to be sufficient for your system to flush out the toxins w/ urine. if you drink everything BUT water, you may not necessarily dehydrate seriously, but youll get some dehydration and your urine will be quite yeller and such. all im sayin.

....but milk is mostly water. Most of my fluid intake is from milk and I piss clear. Just sayin.

Big Jay
01-27-2009, 06:42 AM
all i drink is milk and my urine is clear 95% of the time.
also infants not only survive but thrive on a diet of just milk... so i'm pretty sure theres enough water in milk. it's not as if when you drink water it stays pure in your stomach... it gets mixed in with all your food etc.
dehydration would probably be affected more by how much you're drinkin.

deeder
01-27-2009, 10:29 AM

What is the liquid in milk anyway? I've always wondered that...

Masako
01-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I donít think I like milk *quite* as much as the op, but I drink a ton of it as well. I find it very refreshing, and itís a great way to bump up my caloric intake. http://photosnag.com/img/1927/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif

mcdonough9395
01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Funny i found this i have sort of experienced the same thing. i had not drank milk for yrs not since my mom made me back in the day. but as of late ive gotten serious about my bodybuilding and figured id better start drinking it and have not been able to stop. i go through about a gal every 2 days (always fat free or skim milk). ive even stopped drinking alc of late and have stuck to a 1/2 carton for the nite.