PDA

View Full Version : how much?

lax16
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm starting to get back into working out. I'm currently pretty damn skinny at 5'11 and fluctuating between 155 and 160. I have the lanky kind of build (not overly lanky though at only 5'11") so I know I'm not going to get huge but I want to definitely want to try and get as big as possible. I know a big part of this is eating A LOT.

I've never been disciplined about my diet but now is the time. How often should I be eating? 6 meals a day? How many calories should I be taking in everyday to put on mass? How do you guys keep track of your calories and what not when you're just grabbing a quick snack of having something from a restaurant/store? thanks!

whiteman90909
01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Keep your protein to at least 1g/lb of body weight.

Track your calories for a week using fitday.com. You can plug in custom foods by looking at the wrappers.

After a week, add 500 cals a day.

For the most part, meal timing isn't too important (as long as you eat within an hour of working out...other than that whatever is easiest)

littleman19
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
your right where i'm at, 155-160 only i'm half a food shorter lol. what i've learned is not to worry about counting calories, just eat. tracking calories just becomes a hassle. the only time i track calories is when i'm dropping weight for a meet and then i'm just making sure i'm getting enough while i'm cutting water weight. every time you walk in the kitchen, grab something to eat even if you're not hungry. a bowl of whole grain cereal, piece of toast with butter, bowl of oatmeal which scoop of protein mixed in it, sandwich, alvacado, couple bites of peanut butter, cottage cheese, leftover chicken, and my favorite, fresh mozerella cheese. mmmmm... while you're on the go, always have protein shakes ready and a container or ziplock bag of nuts. don't worry about the protein, carb, fat breakdown. you'll be eating plenty. if you're not gaining weight, eat more. it's that simple. all it takes is dedication buddy. oohh and if you notice your'e putting on fat rapidly, you're not training hard enough :p

Masako
01-27-2009, 09:09 PM
As you and others have said, the biggest part is eating more. Track your diet for a week on fitday (as was suggested) and I think you'll be quite surprised at how much (or little) you're actually eating. I wasn't eating nearly as much as I thought I was. http://photosnag.com/img/1927/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif

bernalalex92
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
6 small meals 200 gs of protein