PDA

View Full Version : How to size for a bench shirt

jmccown
01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
So I have 4 months till my next meet. I want to get a bench shirt, train some with it and then be able to compete in it at the end of April. I lift in NASA, so I was looking at the Rage X. Do bench shirts go strictly by chest size? If so, do I measure relaxed for shirt size? Or should I go down less than what my chest size measures?

Reko
01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Call them up and they will tell you everything.
For me, it chest circumference, under the arms but just above the nipple I think. Then add 2 for single ply, add 4 for double ply. But I would order it by calling it in vs using the site. That way you can have custom stuff done to it and actually talk to someone who can help you if you have questions.

mosley1990
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
i took my chest measurement and added 2 since i got a single ply rage x. i would recommend just getting chest measurement. i can put mine on and take it off by myself so, i need it to be tighter. but, like reko said...just give them a call...they have friendly people that work there.

Reko
01-29-2009, 06:20 PM
i took my chest measurement and added 2 since i got a single ply rage x. i would recommend just getting chest measurement. i can put mine on and take it off by myself so, i need it to be tighter. but, like reko said...just give them a call...they have friendly people that work there.

On the flip side, i added 4 and got a double ply, and can't get it on all the way myself, so i guess it depends on your body structure.

TankOfTeamStone
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
i would call inzer. the last shirt i bought online from house of pain, they screwed up on my chest plate. i have 2 rage-x same size (58) and are custom. one with grid stitch and one w/o grid stitch. the shirt with grid stitch, the chest plate is 1 1/2" smaller then my shirt w/o the grid stitch. my rage-x shirt w/o grid stitch has custom arms 1" bigger. there was no possible way of my arms fitting in my shirt with the grid stitch. would having the arms 1" bigger play a role in the chest plate.

Ryan Celli
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I use Titan, Call KEn Anderson www.andersonpowerlifting.com Tell him I sent you. Titan shirts go by chest size. I recommend the F6. easy to use and works great.

mosley1990
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
On the flip side, i added 4 and got a double ply, and can't get it on all the way myself, so i guess it depends on your body structure.

this is true. im fat therefore i have more give than you, a leaner person.

EatMyWay2TheTop
01-30-2009, 04:11 AM
I use Titan, Call KEn Anderson www.andersonpowerlifting.com Tell him I sent you. Titan shirts go by chest size. I recommend the F6. easy to use and works great.

First class service here, and fast shipping

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Measure your shoulder circumference by stretching a tape measure all the way around the circumference of your body at shoulder level, at the point where your deltoids are most prominent. Measure your chest circumference directly under your arm pits above nipples. Measure your arm/bicep circumference at the largest part. All measurements should be taken relaxed and unflexed.

PriestCometh
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Ryan is correct. Ken Anderson gives you top notch service and you get your
shirt fast.