PDA

View Full Version : Weighted pull-up record?

KingJustin
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone have any idea of what the record weighted pull-up is? I tried to run a few searches and the highest I saw was a +178 pull-up ...

WORLD
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
It would be hard to determine because of different body weights, me thinks.

Chubrock
01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I think there were some bigger numbers than that, just off of this site.

KingJustin
01-29-2009, 09:22 PM
It would be hard to determine because of different body weights, me thinks.

Well, I'm not sure how the "record books" do it, but I was thinking in terms of how much weight was hanging.

Edit: Haha, apparently someone did 6 chins with +266. Milos Snajdr.
http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Chinups.html

vdizenzo
01-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I think the record is NOBODY CARES! Just bustin balls. Couldn't resist.

KingJustin
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Haha this is like the one thing I'm good at. I figured I had that 178 beat in a few weeks and I was so excited, only to find out that (a) I'm not even close to the record, and (b) it doesn't matter if you have the record in pull-ups.

Confidence crushed.

Hazerboy
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
(b) it doesn't matter if you have the record in pull-ups.

Pfff why not? just because people don't hold pull up competitions? Whatever happened to liking strength for its own sake? I don't see why something has to have public recognition to matter. I mean, if you think about it, powerlifting in and of itself gets zero public recognition, besides from other powerlifters (and more importantly, yourself). Why should you expect anything less from chinning?

I chin because I like chinning and moving massive weights while chinning. My goal is to someday do a one arm chin at 220 bodyweight (among many other powerlifting goals). Just because I don't have a slew of other guys who compete with me, I don't see why that doesn't matter. It may not win me any awards or even help my bench (but maybe my dead! XD) but I think that would be an awesome accomplishment in and of itself.

So don't let the fatties get you down (lol sorry vin). keep chinning bro!