PDA

View Full Version : Sweet tooth

NaughtiNati
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

i'm new here and I need some direction as to what to do about my sweet tooth. I crave sweets throughout the day and even get moody when I don't have at least something little thats sweet. Is there any way I can lose weight and still eat sweets? I feel like I will go into withdrawel if I just let go all at once. Help plz!

:newbie:

Unreal
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes. You can eat all the sweets you want as long as they fit into your calorie goals for the day. The problem with them is they are so calorie dense you have to be careful on portions and other stuff you eat, or increase your activity to compensate.

NaughtiNati
01-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanx.:D

SoreFoot8343
02-14-2009, 06:53 PM
yay i like that plan!

03mach421
02-15-2009, 12:41 AM
whats more important to you? sweets or losing wieght? :D just try and cut back a little bit

VikingWarlord
02-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Sugar free Jell-O always works for me.

dlew
02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I used to have a pretty major sweet tooth until I cut down the carbs and started eating more cleanly. Ever since then, the cravings have pretty much gone away.

Mercuryblade
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes. You can eat all the sweets you want as long as they fit into your calorie goals for the day. The problem with them is they are so calorie dense you have to be careful on portions and other stuff you eat, or increase your activity to compensate.

You can eat sweets if you want to put on fat.
Spiking your blood sugar is a great way to put on unwanted weight, regardless of how many calories you are burning. Getting rid of fat isn't as simple as burning more calories than you consume.

You can either spread out your sweet indulging throughout the day in very small portions or opt for sugar free sweets.

My GF is similar to you, she has a huge sweet tooth, but she also wants to get in better shape. I've been helping her get over her sweet cravings.
You can't have both it both ways. If eating right and excercising were easy there wouldn't be so many out of shape and overweight people in this country.

The longer you go without over indulging your sweet tooth the easier it becomes to go without sweets.

Also ,cardiology research is beginning to implicate blood sugar problems with heart problems, so there's another reason to watch the candy intake.

That being said, welcome to the board! Don't get discouraged in the beginning, it may seem like diet and excercise can be overwhelming, but like anything, it becomes much easier with time.

fitgirltitone
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
You can eat sweets if you want to put on fat.
Spiking your blood sugar is a great way to put on unwanted weight, regardless of how many calories you are burning. Getting rid of fat isn't as simple as burning more calories than you consume.

You can either spread out your sweet indulging throughout the day in very small portions or opt for sugar free sweets.

My GF is similar to you, she has a huge sweet tooth, but she also wants to get in better shape. I've been helping her get over her sweet cravings.
You can't have both it both ways. If eating right and excercising were easy there wouldn't be so many out of shape and overweight people in this country.

The longer you go without over indulging your sweet tooth the easier it becomes to go without sweets.

Also ,cardiology research is beginning to implicate blood sugar problems with heart problems, so there's another reason to watch the candy intake.

That being said, welcome to the board! Don't get discouraged in the beginning, it may seem like diet and excercise can be overwhelming, but like anything, it becomes much easier with time.

WELL PUT!!! Whoever said eating sweets "as long as it fits into your caloric intake" is insane!

Unreal
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
The calorie is king. Myself and many other lean people eat as much sweets and chocolate as their calories allow. This has been just fine to get to contest level body fat %. Eating 100 calories of chocolate if it satisfies the craving for it is a lot better then letting it build up until you binge on 3000 calories of junk. In the end do whatever works for you.

fitgirltitone
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
The calorie is king. Myself and many other lean people eat as much sweets and chocolate as their calories allow. This has been just fine to get to contest level body fat %. Eating 100 calories of chocolate if it satisfies the craving for it is a lot better then letting it build up until you binge on 3000 calories of junk. In the end do whatever works for you.

LOL!! I will agree..do whatever works for you....However, I am a National competitor, my off season is still withing competition body fat BECAUSE I limit my sugar intake. I am not gonna argue with you but if you are trying to LOSE weight, sugar is not something you would want to incorporate in your diet. As stated before...if dieting were easy EVERYONE would be skinny!

fpr
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL!! I will agree..do whatever works for you....However, I am a National competitor, my off season is still withing competition body fat BECAUSE I limit my sugar intake. I am not gonna argue with you but if you are trying to LOSE weight, sugar is not something you would want to incorporate in your diet. As stated before...if dieting were easy EVERYONE would be skinny!

what brand of protein shake do you drink that is low in sugar?

Unreal
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Any protein only product is low in sugar.

VikingWarlord
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM

A lot of "normies" have no problems with some sugar prior to training. I like to throw down a roll or two of Pez immediately before a session for the quick boost.

Anyone looking to get in competition form is going to have to do things differently than the average person that's just doing it for him- or herself.

NaughtiNati
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks all!

I bought some SF jello so that I don't feel deprived of sweets completely. I feel that my cravings for sweets have begun to diminish as I am being A LOT more careful of what I eat. SWEET!!! =)

primopup
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
I eat Kroger chewy granola bars-works-good for me!!!

VikingWarlord
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I eat Kroger chewy granola bars-works-good for me!!!

While those are good, they have too much sugar to be really any use to someone battling a sweet tooth while losing weight.

kumar1244
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Get in the habit of eating healthy and passing up sweets. Slowly work all the bad stuff out of your diet. At first, if is really hard to pass up a sleeve of oreos. then, it gets easier. Soon its a habit to eat healthy and you don't even want to eat the junk foods.

Irish Pilot
02-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I once read someone state:

"Nothing tastes better than abs feel."

I try to tell myself that when getting a sweets craving during a cut.

VikingWarlord
02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I once read someone state:

"Nothing tastes better than abs feel."

I try to tell myself that when getting a sweets craving during a cut.

If I could make myself believe that, I probably wouldn't have quit caring.

NaughtiNati
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Im glad to state that I haven't been eating many sweets, but when I REALLY need something, I get half a cup of Jello and use Coolwhip as a topping. Not too bad right?

VikingWarlord
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
If the Cool Whip is sugar free, it'll do even though it's not the best choice. Try to stick with just the Jell-O if you can.

=Travis=
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
My wife will buy that "cool whip free" stuff and sugar free pudding, made with skin milk. Not a bad dessert.

Mercuryblade
02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Get in the habit of eating healthy and passing up sweets. Slowly work all the bad stuff out of your diet. At first, if is really hard to pass up a sleeve of oreos. then, it gets easier. Soon its a habit to eat healthy and you don't even want to eat the junk foods.

I worked sweets out of my diet about 8 years ago. I'll have a slice of pie at Thanksgiving or some cake at weddings, but I just don't really have the desire to eat sweets anymore. I like not having the cravings which is why I gave them up almost completely.

Progress
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Cool Whip is comprised chiefly of hydrogenated oil and HFCS.

VikingWarlord
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Cool Whip is comprised chiefly of hydrogenated oil and HFCS.

Not the sugar free variety. I think that stuff is mostly plastic and air.

Progress
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Not the sugar free variety. I think that stuff is mostly plastic and air.

Perhaps.

Thing is, if you've ever had heavy whipping cream, Cool Whip is terrible.

VikingWarlord
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Perhaps.

Thing is, if you've ever had heavy whipping cream, Cool Whip is terrible.

Concur.

NaughtiNati
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I guess i'll just have jello then -_- lol