PDA

View Full Version : Eating didn't get easier :(

HighSchoolGuy
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I started at 140lbs. I was stuck forever, so I thought. I KNEW I wasn't eating enough but still I kept wondering what was wrong. I ate the same, only I added a 1500cal shake at the end of each day. That shake killed me, drinking the same thing every night for 4 months. Brutal.
BUT on the plus side!
I reached 160lbs. ALL my lifts SOARED, 40lbs+ in bench, deadlift, squat, I could do more pullups too! Amazing feeling. But I never got used to eating more. Eventually I stopped drinking the shake and hoped my body would just want to eat more by itself. It's as if I was a 140lbs inside a 160lbs body. I didn't get any hungrier. Eating more didn't get easier. Now I've fallen back to 150lbs :(
Basically, gaining weight is easy. KEEPING the weight on is hard :( Just my lil vent.

PS
I know 140-160 isn't a huge change at all, but us little guys have trouble gaining weight too :(

Titanium_Jim
01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
I've been at it for 6 years now. Up about 45 pounds and still bulking.

For some of us it just may never get easier. Just keep forcing yourself to eat enough. As long as the numbers are there, you will make progress, and at least that is encouraging.

gymnast
01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
I started at 140lbs. I was stuck forever, so I thought. I KNEW I wasn't eating enough but still I kept wondering what was wrong. I ate the same, only I added a 1500cal shake at the end of each day. That shake killed me, drinking the same thing every night for 4 months. Brutal.
BUT on the plus side!
I reached 160lbs. ALL my lifts SOARED, 40lbs+ in bench, deadlift, squat, I could do more pullups too! Amazing feeling. But I never got used to eating more. Eventually I stopped drinking the shake and hoped my body would just want to eat more by itself. It's as if I was a 140lbs inside a 160lbs body. I didn't get any hungrier. Eating more didn't get easier. Now I've fallen back to 150lbs :(
Basically, gaining weight is easy. KEEPING the weight on is hard :( Just my lil vent.

PS
I know 140-160 isn't a huge change at all, but us little guys have trouble gaining weight too :(

It didn't get easier because you took the lazy man's approach for obtaining the needed calories. You need to expand your stomach and the only way to do this is to eat more in every meal. You'll be hungrier after doing this. A shake at the end of the day isn't going to expand your stomach.

BigTallOx
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Now I've fallen back to 150lbs
KEEPING the weight on is hard

LOL, sorry, but I just have to laugh at that. Try maintaining 310 pounds on what used to be a skinny 6'8" tall frame. But, now that I have a decent amount of muscle, my metabolism is really really high, I'm sure many times higher then people here who *think* they have a high metabolism. You don't know eating, I guarantee it!

berfles
01-31-2009, 08:45 PM
I eat 6000 calories a day, every day. I drink two 1600 calorie shakes every day, and PWO shakes as well. I eat my ass off and go to bed so full that when I burp a lot of it comes back up.

I do it every day and I am currently only maintaining and have to find yet another source of food. All this and I was stuck at 150-160lbs for almost a year before I joined here. Point is, suck it up and eat more, because you probably aren't eating much at all right now.