PDA

View Full Version : Do drinking milk before bedtime

jumperzz
02-01-2009, 07:51 AM
make people fat?

thnx

ELmx479
02-01-2009, 07:56 AM
No?? I drink a protein shake with milk before bed every night. Eating a lot more calories than you are using will make you fat.

jumperzz
02-01-2009, 08:26 AM
No?? I drink a protein shake with milk before bed every night. Eating a lot more calories than you are using will make you fat.

yea i guess so,just gain few kilos,my tummy look so big now.....don know where went wrong :bang::bang:

anonymous1
02-01-2009, 09:14 AM
There is a tiny bit of truth to this. Although the bed time has nothing to with it. Milks carbs source is lactose, which is the same as fructose in that it is used by the body to preferentially go to liver glycogen stores which max out between 50-100g. If you eat too much fructose (from fruit), or lactose it will create a spill-over to fat stores even if you under your calories requirements. This spill-over will just be later burned off if a calorie deficit exists, but if you were to be trying to gain muscle this would cause you to gain more fat than you would with better carb sources.

Masako
02-01-2009, 02:19 PM
make people fat?http://www.dineoxford.com/pics/img/1927/f09t0105qcsp/82.gif

thnx

I don't think drinking milk before bed has ever made a noticeable difference in my weight, but it does give me strange dreams. :)

PHOENIX
02-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't think drinking milk before bed has ever made a noticeable difference in my weight, but it does give me strange dreams. :)

ai crambbaaaa.:lurk:

Big Jay
02-04-2009, 07:45 AM
:withstupi:

yea i guess so,just gain few kilos,my tummy look so big now.....don know where went wrong :bang::bang:
if you just started a bulk you can usually expect your stomach to be noticeably bigger before any other body part... this is due to an increase in food being digested and water retention... however aslong as your not eating more than 500-750 cals over maintenance the gain in size of your stomach should slow down and the rest of your body should supersede the stomach in growth