PDA

View Full Version : Ate my first egg today! LOL

mrliquid75
02-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Yes I know it's very strange but I'm 33 and never once in my life have I had an egg without it being mixed in a cake or blended in some other type of food. The reason is that they just turn my stomach, I don't know what it is but I can eat anything but just not eggs by themselves.

Well I forced myself to eat a few this morning and it's definiately a mental thing :drooling: I almost lost it before getting them into my mouth LOL.

Anyway they weren't bad at all, I think it's gonna be an aquired taste and in time I'll be able to eat them without thinking about it.

maybe I'm just screwed up in the head

:micro:

manowar669
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I have a friend (41 yrs old) who won't eat eggs. He's screwed in the head too.

Mercuryblade
02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Try eating them in conjunction with other foods (hashbrowns, toast, bacon, sausage etc.)
I love eggs but I don't particularly enjoy them by themselves.

mrliquid75
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
yeah I'll try the hashbrown mix and see if that works.

Mercuryblade
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't forget to add this http://www.louisianapepper.com/

prettyboyfloyd
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Eggs are great, I love them any style.............

AKMass
02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
How were they prepared when you ate them? You should try making an omelette.

bass slayer
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
cheese is good with eggs also... how did you fry it, oil or butter, I think they taste like crap fried with oil

jopeters
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
eggs on toast! best breakfast meal ever! lol

VikingWarlord
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
It's pretty easy to change your opinion on foods. For fun sometimes, I like to make my friends repulsed by stuff they used to like, because I'm a dick.

VikingWarlord
02-04-2009, 03:52 PM
You'd really be better off scrambling everything in with that many eggs. A good omelet will be thin, fluffy, and evenly cooked. If you put too many eggs in there, it might not cook evenly and then you're stuck with half cooked egg whites that look and feel a lot like snot.

I'm a real kitchen nazi though.

DanielB
02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I didn't eat eggs for a long time after the sixth grade because of disecting a cows eye. Now I love them the best way is over easy on toast. My wife likes hers scambled though so most of the time I settle for it that way with some ketchup and louisianna hot sauce.

Jorge Sanchez
02-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I eat eggs for breakfast every morning during the week and most weekends. I usually eat fried eggs, toast and bacon, but since I've been cutting, I switched to scrambled eggs because I didn't want the bread/carbs.

Every weekend I chop up a bunch of herbs, veggies (green peppers, hot peppers, mushrooms, onions, sometimes olives, etc.) and garlic, mix it all together in a tupperware in the fridge. Then in the morning I just scramble the eggs, add the veggies, some canned sardines and some cheese. While it's cooking, I microwave my bacon. When the eggs are done, I put on a couple tablespoons of salsa and I have a healthy and tasty low-carb breakfast with almost 70g of protein that takes under 10 minutes.

dlew
02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
You'd really be better off scrambling everything in with that many eggs. A good omelet will be thin, fluffy, and evenly cooked. If you put too many eggs in there, it might not cook evenly and then you're stuck with half cooked egg whites that look and feel a lot like snot.Thanks for the mental picture, lol.

I can't stand eggs either and just the look of egg whites makes me want to puke. Just about every morning though, I'll saute some mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, brown rice and whatever else seems good, and toss some egg whites in at the end (careful to move everything over in the pan to make sure the eggs cook, gotta avoid the snot). Most mornings I'll toss in a little finely grated hard cheese of some sort like Parm, throw on some Tapatio and scarf. I don't even taste the egg.

Masako
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Try experimenting with different ways of cooking the eggs and I'm sure you'll find a few ways that you find more palatable. http://photosnag.com/img/1927/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif

VikingWarlord
02-06-2009, 06:41 AM
No kidding. If you have an oven safe skillet, try making a frittata. Them's the sheeyot.

HARDWOOD
02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Ihop Steak Omellettes!!!!

OXplode
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
dude eggybread now!!

cinnamon. powdered sugar or you could go savory with just about anything

Focused70
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Hmmm....

It's been a while since I've had French toast for breakfast.

*blames Oxplode for the idea*

:D

jay24k
02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
A good way to make them (I absolutely hate eggs and scrambled eggs make me puke from their smell.)

Get some everglades seasoning.

Toss in 5 egg whites and a whole egg into a sautee pan. Put in a 1/4 cup of milk into the egg mix also. Once it almost becomes a solid from cooking, season it up really well.

As soon as you barely see any liquid left, toss in 3 oz. of ham and 1 oz of sharp cheddar cheese. Fold egg over in half. Cook for 30 seconds, flip for 30. Smash it if you want to make sure it is cooked. Once the cheese is melted and everything looks good, serve.

It is really good.

Ti1301
02-13-2009, 12:23 AM
ketchup and tabasco

J Mac0123
02-14-2009, 03:05 AM
straight up hot sauce on scrambled egg whites, yummeh.