PDA

View Full Version : question for vince dizenzo

plaz
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
question about bench shirts...tried a double ply phenom yesterday (first lift and the shirt blew out in the collar ) straight down from throat. i was pulling toward by belly. was the pulling to belly proper groove for shirt? also when i contacted inzer employye stated shirt was to small for me. another question my measurements are chest 50, shoulders 60, arms 19, weight 270. shirt i blew out 60 double ply. can you tell me what size i should be in? thanks plaz

vdizenzo
02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Was it a Super Duper Phenom?

Ryan Celli
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
I had a guy blow out a brand new double ply phemon last night around 8:30 pm. split right down the middle starting at the throat. right through the collar, doing a 4 board with 455.

Travis Bell
02-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Now that's crazy!

I wonder if the chest plates were too small? What I've found works best with the Super Duper Phenom is if the arms are a bit smaller than the chest plate.

I've had both the Super Phenom and the Super Duper Phenom and really never had problems with either!

LonesXedge on here has a super phenom as well that we got fitted for him.

Question for both you guys, do you know if they called in their measurements? Or did they order a specific size?

Ryan Celli
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Travis he told them real measurements and they sent the shirt. i forget the size.

Travis Bell
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
huh. Well I'm out of guesses then. Sometimes guys order them too small, and honestly when I called mine in, I actually took off some inches and called in smaller measurements than actual.

I'm really surprised the collar went. The collar is so darn thick. I'd call them and see if they'll replace it if he sends it back to them. Sounds like a fluke. I'm sure that was frustrating though

bencher8
02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
well, I had a few SDP blow out when I was trying to figure out the size....2 went through the collar while going off a 3 brd.

The only consistant thing with those 2 were that I was in a shirt too small and hadnt broken them in enough. I finally have a SDP that fits right...and contrary to others I have talked to about sizing...found I had to increase the size of the SDP as compared to the Rage X. I wear a size 60 SDP and wear a size 57-58 Rage X(everyone I talked to told me to go smaller with the SDP).

I am built fairly wide in the shouders and not a thick chested. I also have fairly long arms for a bencher. After talking with John Inzer a few times, he said guys built like me have had to go bigger with the shirt.

The SDP has to take some working with as the sizing is different than with other shirt I have found...

vdizenzo
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm still waiting for my question to be answered. I also can't belive how many vince dizenzo's there are. I have never had a blow out on an IAD SDP, Rage X, or Double Denim. I just can't even imagine it. However, I tried someone's Double Phenom once and blew that thing apart. When I find out if it's a SDP I will give my thoughts.

Travis Bell
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I also can't belive how many vince dizenzo's there are.

My bad. I was just trying to help but you're right, the question was directed towards you

bencher8
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
lol sorry man....everybody wants to be Vinny today.

Eric Downey
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I had a guy blow out a brand new double ply phemon last night around 8:30 pm. split right down the middle starting at the throat. right through the collar, doing a 4 board with 455.

the phenom needs to have a reenforced collar. thats wear they blow.

plaz
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
hey vince, to answer your question.. it was a regular phenom, i just called and gave the measurements i listed to you. could you still answer my question though.. with the measurements i gave you what size should i be in and if i call how do i order a
" super " phenom or " super duper " phenom?

Ryan Celli
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
this guy had just a super phenom.

KarstenDD
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
lol sorry man....everybody wants to be Vinny today.

I want to be Vinny everyday.

vdizenzo
02-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Guys, just bustin balls about the vince dizenzo thing. I'm a little anxious for my meet.

Paul and Trav I am not familiar with the Super Phenom, can you guys explain the difference between the Super Phenom v the Super Duper Phenom?

Plaz, I can only comment on the SDP. I would not buy a regular double phenom. I wear a 57. It is grid stitched and I believe it has a reinforced neck. Those are both things that any lifter can ask for. I cannot get the shirt all the way on myself. However, Rhodes gets the shirt on me with one tug. When I gave my measurements the shirt ended up being a half size too big. Hence how I am now wearing the odd size 57.

Remember, when you get your shirt you need to break it in properly. Rob Luyando helped me out with that. Hopefully he'll chime in here if he sees this. Basically start with high boards and slowly work your way down.

I'm not sure I answered your question, but I hope this helped.

bencher8
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I have never had a super phenom, but I believe the difference is that the SDP has a beefier collar, comes with a more agressive scoop on the neck, and may have beefier material than a super phenom.

Good luck with the meet Vin! I look to see ya in the 900 club after this weekend...

BTW Vin...you grid stitched the SDP? I thought I noticed that, but figured it was just different light in the vid. How does that work for you? I thought the whole point to the SDP was the stretchier rebound effect? I saw a SDP once that was grid stitched and had an added canvas insert in the chest panel. It was at a meet and nobody would own up to owning it, but that seemed overkill anyway lol

vdizenzo
02-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I think I like the grid stitch because I am so used to the stiffness of a denim. I also don't wear my shirt super tight, so that might make a difference in why I like the grid stitch. I honestly try not to put too much thought into the shirt. I have been learning this shirt since this summer. I finally feel like I'm getting it.

Thanks for the kind words Paul. I have put in all the work. I had the kind of training cycle where everything went right like it did for my 600 raw. Now I just need to get the job done.

Travis Bell
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
well the more I thought about it, even my Super Phenom isn't stock.

When I ordered my super phenom, I asked for the super collar (similar to the collar on the super duper phenom) and round stitched sleeves.

Now if someone just had a regular collar, I can see how it could split easily if the chest plate was just a bit too small even.

Paul, I for your range of motion, I think the grid stitch would be too much. Guys like myself or Vin who have shorter arms and shorter overall range of motion, can get away with the heavier gear (although right now I'm wearing the same shirt you are) because its not going to need to stretch quite as much. The grid stitch is great for stopping power. But for you, I think it'd kick in too soon and put us right back where we were in your Rage X's

Just my thoughts though. Both of you guys have a lot more experience than I do.

bencher8
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I dont think the grid stitch is for me. It stops too much, I need all the stretch I can get lol

Just thought I would comment on Vin having the grid stitch as he might be the only guy Ive seen use it that way. I'm liking the SDP, now that I have one fitted properly. John is sending me another one just like it. I'm not gonna use this one again until I am going full range...no need to stretch it too much with training..for example, Im gonna use the X for my next 2 ME workouts(as I am doing 3 and 2 brds) and then the SDP for my next full ROM training day.

BTW..I would kill for yours or Vins ROM for a meet, but Im working on that as I type this lol