PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With A Cutting Diet

Shankerr
04-12-2001, 11:54 PM
Hey mates

I have a bit of a problem......

I am a university student in Canada, and unfortunately, I don't have facilities to prepare really good food. Does anyone have any ideas for a simple fat loss diet that I could use that I could prepare with the bare esentials of the kitchen (ie. hot plate/stove top, pots, pans, microwave, etc......) I have been debating over this for the entire year almost, and as yet, I haven't been able to find anything that really works well, everything I try seems to be outta balance. I just found this site a while ago, so i thought I'd ask the experts for their opinion :-)

Oh, and my stats are...
19years old
6'2" tall
227 Lbs.
not sure of BF % at the moment, but its too high for my liking

I only have another few weeks to go till I'm done for the year, but I can assure you that any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated, I'll be usin it till I get home and have some real kitchen facilities, not to mention next year when I have to come back to this s*** facility.

Thanks alot for your help

Shankerr
04-16-2001, 11:23 AM
hey guys

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear em, I'm really runnin into some troubles designing a diet to meet my needs

hemants
04-16-2001, 01:43 PM
Prioritize the following in order of importance:

1. Total calories at 500 below maintenance (if you don't know what maintenance is, start recording everything you eat for a week and add it up :) )
2. Cardio first thing in the morning before you eat 2 or 3 times a week
3. Continue with your workouts and don't drop your protein
4. Cut your 500 maintenance calories in the form of sugar and high glycemic carbohydrates, maintain fat content

This won't get you into ketosis or any other aggressive weight loss phenomenon, but will help you lose weight on a sustainable basis without sacrificing too much energy. In general, I think the mistake people make is too little fat and/or too much saturated fat and cholesterol.

My unscientific $0.02 (if nothing else, I'll stimulate some better responses ;) )

Azn Sensation
04-16-2001, 05:18 PM
I agree with what hemants said
Make sure you cut out sugar in your diet. Most of your carb sources should be from complex carbs, especially vegetables. Veggies have a lot of nutrients and vitamins your body needs, plus it fills you up with very little calories as well so you are more satisfied and may not go overboard on the calories.
And do not lower your caloric intake too much because your metabolism will will adjust and slow down.

Later

Shankerr
04-16-2001, 10:32 PM
Thanx guys

Unfortunately, I can't store veggies too well here at school, and the mushy crap they serve in our crapeteria reminds me of something that should be renamed to "Memories of Something Healthy" howeva, I am gonna be home for the summer in about a week and a half, so from there on, you'r help will be very useful for me ;-)

Thanx again for your time, much appreciated

shane