PDA

View Full Version : Sportsdrinks

blustring
04-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Quick Question
Overall, would anyone reccomend adding sports drinks such as Gatorade or Powerade to my diet. This would be strictly a post-workout drink, and I would probably only have 1 per day, maybe not even that many.

syntekz
04-12-2002, 06:58 AM
I see quite a few guys drinking it during their workouts as well.

Tryska
04-12-2002, 07:17 AM
i saw some stuff at GNC that looked like gatorade, but it was a clear colored liquid that was formulated for post workout with protein and carbs in it.

gatorade is basically sugar salt and water. it's not necessarily bad for yea, but remember what it is.

HumanV
04-12-2002, 08:33 AM
I use CytoVol made by EAS. It comes in a powder form. It has 2.5g of Glutamine and other essential recovery minerals, electrolytes etc. I mix it up before I work out and take it to the gym. As soon as I finish my work-out, I drink it in the locker room.
I then go home and drink my protein. I try not to get too carried away with supplements, however I try and give my body every chance to reap the benefits of my workouts. Glutamine and electrolytes are important. Good luck.

Sebi
04-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Drink water.

Celestial
04-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Sebi
Drink water. Thats what I was gonna say...you can get the same nutrients from other things minus the mucho carbs/sugar thats in them. I say drink water, or non caffinated green tea.