PDA

View Full Version : Opticen vs. Nitrean vs. Maximus

NY Rob
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I was wondering what the difference between Opticen and Nitrean and Maximus are. I started lifting about a month ago and plan on ordering RESULTS and using that for my preworkout drink. Would it be overkill to take any or all of these other 3 supplements? Can someone please explain to me the difference between them all and when I am supposed to take each? I have read the descriptions but they all seem very similar and I was looking for some in depth clarification. Thanks in advance.

11not10
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Nitrean is good ass ****... I can't really say a lot about it, but I just got my first tub of it in last week and I love it.

gymnast
02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I was wondering what the difference between Opticen and Nitrean and Maximus are. I started lifting about a month ago and plan on ordering RESULTS and using that for my preworkout drink. Would it be overkill to take any or all of these other 3 supplements? Can someone please explain to me the difference between them all and when I am supposed to take each? I have read the descriptions but they all seem very similar and I was looking for some in depth clarification. Thanks in advance.

Opticen is a meal replacement. Nitrean is a protein supplement. Maximus is a weight gainer.

Davy_Baby9
02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Not to hijack, but would Opticen be a good post workout shake while cutting? I am almost out of Maximus (which helped me gain over 10 lbs :) ) but it is near that time of the season, and I want my abs to come back out, but I still want the calories to maintain and build LBM. I usually use Nitrean, but it doesn't have the calories to be a good post workout shake IMO. I guess I could possibly order both and mix a scoop of each together...:scratch:

Lones Green
02-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Opticen is a meal replacement. Nitrean is a protein supplement. Maximus is a weight gainer.

This is it, in a nutshell...

Nitrean is just a plain protein powder. It is a protein blend of whey, egg, and casein proteins. Very small amount of calories from carbs and fat.

Opticen is a post workout powder, It has a small amount of fat and some carbs in it...because thats what you need post-workout. It also has a more diverse protein matrix.

MAXIMUS is Atlarge's weight gainer. It has calories from protein, carbs, and fat. It also contains Inulin, flax, and microlactin. You can find descriptions of all of these on the Atlarge site.

Travis Bell
02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Not to hijack, but would Opticen be a good post workout shake while cutting? I am almost out of Maximus (which helped me gain over 10 lbs :) ) but it is near that time of the season, and I want my abs to come back out, but I still want the calories to maintain and build LBM. I usually use Nitrean, but it doesn't have the calories to be a good post workout shake IMO. I guess I could possibly order both and mix a scoop of each together...:scratch:

When I started training for the Raw Unity Meet, one thing I really dropped the hammer on was my diet. I knew if I was going to be recovered enough throughout training, I needed to be on top of my diet. Opticen was one of the things I started using religiously. It made a huge difference. I definately noticed a difference in my recovery. I also gained 8lbs over 8 weeks and lost 2in off my waist.

I use the Nitrean in the morning and as my shake before bed, but immediatly post workout I use Opticen and very highly recommend it.

When cutting, just make sure you account for the carbs and fats that are in Opticen to keep you effective.

chris mason
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Opticen is really well suited as a PWO shake. It is specifically formulated with that function in mind.