PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean Freezing Question for the Experts

Mantra
02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
This might sound like a stupid question. But lets say I mix some nitrean with some milk in my shaker cup and put it in my freezer, would the freezer kill the nutrients and make it useless? The reason I like to freeze it is because when I go to the gym, i still like my shake to be cold after my workout. Thanks in advance.

Travis Bell
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm actually not sure so wait for Chris Mason to chime in, but you'll probably find it easier to just mix it with water at the gym. Usually I'll throw in the 3 scoops of Opticen and throw some water in there post workout and you're good to go.

Or just make it when you get home

Mantra
02-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm actually not sure so wait for Chris Mason to chime in, but you'll probably find it easier to just mix it with water at the gym. Usually I'll throw in the 3 scoops of Opticen and throw some water in there post workout and you're good to go.

Or just make it when you get home

I've tried it with water and honestly, it tastes very weird compared to milk. Also, I only use the shaker cup if i know I'm going to work out far from home. I usually use a blender but on rare occassions I will use the cup. Just wondering what the effects of freezing are if any.

anonymous1
02-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Freezing will not kill any nutrients or degrade it anyway. I did a little research to verify, but if you think about it your whole food protein sources are frozen.

chris mason
02-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Yep, you will be fine with freezing.

vdizenzo
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I mix my Nitrean with half skim and half water. Then I throw it in the freezer for a little while. I love the little chunks of ice in my shake when I drink it. It's like a super protein frosty.