PDA

View Full Version : how does this look? *help*

iLUDEd
04-08-2002, 08:40 AM
how does this look for a diet to go along while cutting? i know i should drop the slice of toast with the eggs, but i cant eat egg unless its with a slice of bread.. any help would be great n ill try and get the protein, fat, carb info within the new few days

meal 1
2 egg whites
1 slice of toast (brown bread)
1 banana

meal 2
1 chicken breast
1 slice of low fat cheese

meal 3
2 egg whites

meal 4
whatever is for dinner.. either
small bowl of pasta and some beef or.
2 chicken breasts with peas & baked potatoes

meal 5
either yoghurt or low fat jelly

red996
04-08-2002, 03:44 PM
First off we need to know a little about you.

Height, weight, sex, goals are you cutting or trying to bulk??

Mark
04-08-2002, 03:50 PM
For cutting you should have more protein, less bread & no banana.
Why not eat whole eggs, they taste better on their own than just the whites.
Free range egg yolks can be up to 30% EFAs (the v good fats)

iLUDEd
04-08-2002, 06:04 PM
red996: im 18, male, 6'0, 190lbs and cutting :) .. tryin to get rid of mah pot belly i got from goin out drinkin everyweek for tha past 8 months haha

Mark: im eating pretty much all egg whites and chicken, isnt that enough protein? theres protein in cheese and yoghurt aswell..
i have the slice of bread coz it helps me stomic the egg whites and i read that you need to have carbs to keep your muscles toned (firm).. and whats wring with having a banana?

Jane
04-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Um, why can't he have those 2 slices of bread?

Twiztid
04-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Jane
Um, why can't he have those 2 slices of bread?

I agree.. i don't see 2 slices of whole wheat bread affecting him.

iLUDEd
04-09-2002, 12:52 PM
this is kind of what the break up looks like, with pasta & chicken i wasnt 100% sure but i think my guesses are on track.. and im not sure how many calories this may be, so if anybody could give me an estimate that would be great :)

meal 1
2 egg whites
1/2 banana
P 13g
F 2g
C 25g

meal 2
1 egg white
3 slice of low fat cheese
P 19g
F 5.5g
C 3g

meal 3
2 egg whites
P 12.2g
F 1.7g
C- 16g

meal 4
whatever is for dinner.. either
small bowl of pasta and some beef or.
PASTA
Fat 25g
Carbs 55g
Protein 50g

Or

CHICKEN
Fat 2g
Prot 100g
Carb 45g

meal 5
low fat jelly & 3 slices of cheese
P 16g
F 7g
C 7g

Tryska
04-09-2002, 12:55 PM
umm...a. what's your total calorie count and macro breakdown?

eyeballing it it doesn't seem to high.

b. try to vary up your protein sources.

c. swap out a lot of that starch for fibrous veggies and fruits. sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.

smalls
04-09-2002, 03:45 PM
I didnt really add it up but Im pretty sure my 131lb girlfriend eats more than that, and she is also currently cutting. The bread is not a problem, especially at the begining of your cut. I say more protein, more carbs, and more fat. Just clean it up a bit, either seperate carbs and fat and have 2 fat meals and 3 carb, which would mean replacing that pasta dinner with some natty pb, or flax(or both), and eggs (some white few whole). or just have a portion of each macronutreint at each meal, In which case you would want to ad some healty fats to most of those meals, still drop the pasta dinner.(just my opinion) Sorry for the sloppines of this, I have to go eat. Hope that helps.

oh yah, no diamionddiceclay statement here K. Thanks.

iLUDEd
04-10-2002, 08:23 PM
hrrm, i know its bad, but what are the down sides to only having 1500ish calories a day? ur muscles probably woudlnt grow, but woudlnt you lose bodyfat faster?

iLUDEd
04-10-2002, 08:47 PM
hrrm i duno how to quote so ill just use copy n paste..

Tryska
b. try to vary up your protein sources.

i was looing thru the supermarket n could hardly find anything with a decent protein/carb ratio, then i saw this cheese that had 6g protein, 1.7g fat and .9 carbs per slice n though it was a winner.. is there anyting wrong with having too much of the cheese? coz i actually like the taste of it and can see myself eating it 4 quite a while?

c. swap out a lot of that starch for fibrous veggies and fruits.
what foods are starch?

smalls: to me if i eat whats in the diet everyday i woudlnt get hungry.. if u say more carbs, does pasta have 2 much carbs? coz kinda bein italian thats what my old lady cooks a fair bit.. would doing more cardio help burn it off? eg. doin 20 min of cardio after dinner

iLUDEd
04-10-2002, 08:48 PM
sorry for all the questions.. but whats the ideal ratio for cuting?
is it 40protein, 40 fat, 20 carbs?

Coleman
04-10-2002, 11:04 PM
Why dont you try the warrior diet. I heard its very good for cutting. During the day you take a few supplements and eat only a small amount of fruit then after your evening workout you eat as much as you possibly can. Alot of martial artists use it for making weight apparently.

Tryska
04-11-2002, 04:31 AM
SS-Gohan.....are you vegetarian or something? what about steak, chicken breasts, canned tuna, salmon, that kind of thing? lamb. various fish and seafood.

starches: bread, potatos, pasta. try having a couple of servings of grains a day, maybe some oats, and 2 peices of whole grain bread at another time, but not in every meal.

and YES You must eat well above 1500 calories. all your gonna do is shed a some weight rather quickly at first, then your body will start feasting on muscle and organ tissue, since you don't give it food, and it will save the fat as the last bit of stuff to live off, before you finally starve to death (using your body's logic) and then you will hit a plateau, where your body will downregulate metabolism, so that you won't starve to death real quickly. :)

my suggestion? take in no less than 2000 cals. matter of fact, make that your minimum calorie intake for a ny given day.

iLUDEd
04-11-2002, 08:35 AM
hehe, aint oats high in carbs? or is it ok to have like a 1g of carbs every 1g of protein?
nah aint a vegitarian, i had lamb and steak and chicken breast for dinner, just wasnt sure if it was ok to have some of this for lunch also, im worried bout puting on bodyfat.. ok ill scetch up another diet.. if its ok could yous help me modify it?

iLUDEd
04-11-2002, 08:38 AM
Coleman, i could see how that could help cutting, but what kind of food would u eat after each workout? it would have to mainly be protein wouldnt it?

iLUDEd
04-11-2002, 08:43 AM
meal 1
oatmeal
1/2 banana

meal 2
1 egg white
1/2 banaba
1 tub of yoghurt

meal 3
1 steak
2 egg whites

meal 4

*WORKOUT*

meal 5
low fat jelly
2 egg whites
1 slice of toast

does this look better? what do i have to add/take out to get it upto 2100 calories?

Tryska
04-11-2002, 08:58 AM
egg yolks.

meal 5, with the sugar and bread just before bed doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

why are there no vegetables?

i would do a salad at dinner time, with whole eggs on top of it. (wait..that's what i do, *lol*) but go fibrous towards the end of the day.

and oats are good because they have fiber in them, but they don't cause quite the insulin response that wheat causes. buckwheat is another grain that is in this category, as well as rice.

smalls
04-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by SS-GOHAN
meal 1
oatmeal
1/2 banana
*Add some eggs (2 whole 5 white) at least. or add some milk and whey and mix it all in a blender.(without the eggs)

meal 2
1 egg white
1/2 banaba
1 tub of yoghurt

*how much protein is in that cheese and yoghurt) this meal looks alright i guess.

meal 3
1 steak
2 egg whites
*drop the eggwhites

meal 4

*WORKOUT*

meal 5
low fat jelly
2 egg whites
1 slice of toast
*add some protein here, maybe whey or if you dont have access then fat free milk, or tuna or chicken. I would want to eat more after a workout, especially before bed.

does this look better? what do i have to add/take out to get it upto 2100 calories?

Its looking better, but you should get protein in every meal(imo), and are you doing cardio every day, cuz that could lead to muscle loss as well as eating too little. In my opinion you should be eating more, lots more and doing cardio 3 times per weeks for now. I suggest you do lots of searches on dieting and general food ect. Then right up your finished cutting diet k. hope that helps.

iLUDEd
04-19-2002, 01:01 AM
ok, ive done a lil research and have come up with a new diet plan.. here goes..

meal1:
2 slices of low carb bread
2 slices of low fat cheese
3 egg whites
p-31.2g
f-7.2g
c-33.8g

meal 2
1 tub of yoghurt
250mL milk
p-25g
f-6.5g