PDA

View Full Version : Titan's BOSS vs Inzer's LEVIATHAN

Brian Hopper
02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I was just wondering what some people thought about the two? What are the Pros and Cons?

Thanks!

mikesbench
02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I use the Leviathan and love it, but haven't used the BOSS so I can't really compare. The Leviathan is a great suit, especially paired with poly briefs so you still pop up from the hole. I feel a lot of support from mine, but you need to set up wide or it won't lock up to well in the hips. Only negative I've seen is te seems have pulled apart pretty badly on mine, so I'll need to send it in for repairs. I use mine for sumo dealift as well and it works nicely.

Lones Green
02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Bit of a hard comparison...the BOSS is poly and the Leviathan is canvas.

Brian Hopper
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM

....and from what I hear, they are both bad a** suits! The one thing I can say is that, alot of the top squatters use the Leviathan. I just kinda want to hear what people think of the two.

Ben Moore
02-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Isn't the Leviathan the hybrid?

WillNoble
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Isn't the Leviathan the hybrid?

yes, it has side poly panels

Brian Hopper
02-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Is this what gives it a good pop out of the hole?

WillNoble
02-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe, I think its more the compression from the Canvas... Canvas is no joke, certainly not for beginners...

Travis Bell
02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
A lot of guys wear poly briefs under the Leviathan more pop.

The canvas is going to have some serious stopping power. But the Boss suit is as well. Neither are good for beginners. You'll have too much trouble getting to depth

Brian Hopper
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Well, from what I have read on the Leviathan, it seems to be a little bit difficult to use. It seems like you almost have to be a perfect squatter for it to work it's best. I have never used either one but I have always been happy with Titan suits. Now, I have been looking at the Metal Pro Ace Squat suit. Does anybody have anything to say about the ace suit?

WillNoble
02-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, from what I have read on the Leviathan, it seems to be a little bit difficult to use. It seems like you almost have to be a perfect squatter for it to work it's best. I have never used either one but I have always been happy with Titan suits. Now, I have been looking at the Metal Pro Ace Squat suit. Does anybody have anything to say about the ace suit?

What are your stats, I am an ACE owner and it is definitely the strongest non-canvas suit in the world.

Ben Moore
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
The ace is another one that is not for beginners.

Travis Bell
02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, from what I have read on the Leviathan, it seems to be a little bit difficult to use. It seems like you almost have to be a perfect squatter for it to work it's best.

This is true with any gear you get, no matter what the brand or composition

Brian Hopper
02-08-2009, 02:44 AM
What are your stats, I am an ACE owner and it is definitely the strongest non-canvas suit in the world.

I have done 805 with just briefs on and a belt @ 240. the briefs i am using are BOSS briefs. i am also still trying to get my technique down, its like i will do one set perfect and another that is total opposite. i will still get the weight, its just that it will look horrible.

WillNoble
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
My personal opinion is that the Ace is a more solid choice, alot of guys are seeing HUGE numbers out of it and it seems to be much more forgiving (and easier to get on and off for that matter) than canvas.

Lones Green
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I have the same inconsistent problem with my squat (and bench) form. I have trouble hitting depth with the Metal Pro suit, LOL

Brian Hopper
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
My personal opinion is that the Ace is a more solid choice, alot of guys are seeing HUGE numbers out of it and it seems to be much more forgiving (and easier to get on and off for that matter) than canvas.

Well, I did a little bit of research and it seems like the canvas is just way to technical. I dont want to say that im not ready for it, but I think right now it might be to difficult to learn, seeing how I am still perfecting my squat technique and form. What do you think about the BOSS compared to the ACE?

Ben Moore
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I know some guys that use the boss and like it. I've never tried one. I plan on using the Ace for this cycle and have used the Pro Squatter before that. Will let you know how it goes.

Pete22
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I know some guys that use the boss and like it. I've never tried one. I plan on using the Ace for this cycle and have used the Pro Squatter before that. Will let you know how it goes.

What briefs are you using under the Ace?

ACaslow
02-08-2009, 03:08 PM
The leviathan canvas suit is not harder to use than the new poly suits out like the ACE, Boss and T-rex. The only problem and were most people get screwed up is that it does bind up in the hole a lot harder than poly. It can really up the pressure you feel. With solid form this can easily be worked through. I think that's why people think it takes a lot more to learn canvas. If you have trouble getting to depth you'll have trouble if not more so with the canvas suit but really with multi ply suit now. If you train with a solid crew that knows what their doing, you can get into any suit and make it work. If you have trouble with depth, it's not the suit, it's YOU. I squat 850 and can get too depth with 685 in my suit.

I guess my point is, learn form first, then you don't have to waste your money on cheap suits. Get your form down, then pick whichever suit you think or have the most interest in.

oh, and buy Inzer, everything else sucks.... :hump: haha

Ben Moore
02-08-2009, 03:16 PM
oh, and buy Inzer, everything else sucks.... :hump: haha

Al, aren't you a little biased? :D

Ben Moore
02-08-2009, 03:17 PM
What briefs are you using under the Ace?

Vikings

ACaslow
02-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Al, aren't you a little biased? :D

no way. why would you think that? :p

Brian Hopper
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Which would give better pop out of the hole, canvas or poly?

KarstenDD
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Which would give better pop out of the hole, canvas or poly?

poly

Brian Hopper
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
poly

That's what I kinda thought. I don't think I'm gonna go with the canvas right now, so I will end up getting a double poly. So now I'm in the mix between the BOSS or the ACE. The good thing is I have plenty of time to think about it.

wilgates
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
go with the Boss suit

JK1
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
I have done 805 with just briefs on and a belt @ 240. the briefs i am using are BOSS briefs. i am also still trying to get my technique down, its like i will do one set perfect and another that is total opposite. i will still get the weight, its just that it will look horrible.

I've basically had the exact opposite experience with mine than you have Brian. I am in the process of learning to use boss briefs/squat suit (this is the only double ply equipment I have any experience with) What I did was start with a pair of boss briefs that are somewhat loose. I can't hit parallel until about 600 or so, so they aren't super loose, but they sure aren't what I'd call tight. I've hit a solid 800+ 2 sets of blue bands off a parallel box in those briefs and belt. Part of it may be that I'm used to the cut and bite of single ply equipment, so something that doesn't hurt like a sonofabitch when I use it may give me better mental focus to move the weight. I dont' know. It seems like every set I've done in them just goes well.

My plan with the briefs to send them back and have them tightened a bit and have the legs shortened (these things go past midthigh, they are too long) this week. And then work until I'm comfortable with the tighter brief, then I'm adding the suit but it will fit somewhat loose and doing the same thing as I get used to it. Once I wear this pair out, I'll start with something tighter. Doing things this way can mean a lot of back and forth with the equipment, but I'm also in the process of getting my own equipment to tweak the gear (machine thread, etc) and I have a local seamstress who is a freind who will do some stuff for me for free.

I dont' know if that approach will work, I'm experimenting, but so far it seems to be working.

mastermonster
02-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I've used and/or tried all 3 suits. I'll talk gym lifts since that's where I've done the most reps in them. I used the Inzer Canvas with Boss briefs in 2005 and got as high as 850. Then went to Boss suit and Boss briefs in 2006. I have gotten as high as 955 in 2008 in them. Last year I tried a Metal Ace (new) I took on a trade. It was a little tighter than my Boss. I tried it without briefs and 600 felt about like 800 does in just Boss briefs. (I've done 800 in Boss briefs and wraps a couple of times). If you are a 'boy dog' enough to use the Boss/Boss combo there is nothing that comes close. If you can hit depth in it the 'up' is almost effortless. It took me 3 tries to hit my 804 opener to depth at Seniors. The side judges told me I was stuck at parellel twice. I should have just went up 100 lbs. and did it. All 3 times with 804 felt like 225 when I pushed it up. It was like it squatted itself almost. Just hell getting it down. If you can handle it, the Boss is the 'Baddest combo on the planet! Hope this helps. P.S. If it's fitted right the Boss will stop your ass like air brakes. The canvas has nothing on a Boss for stopping power. And you get an unreal pop back up to boot.

SELK
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
The boss/boss combo is pretty good. I use this combo and i have the briefs grid stitched.

I find the suit pretty similar to the Ace, the boss will not last as long as the ace suit though. There is a noticeable decline in support after about 8-10 workouts in the boss.

I have never had problems hitting depth in any gear.. I can hit depth with 400-500 in the boss/boss.

If I could do it again i would just go Canvas because it will last forever. That being said, the boss is a really good suit when its working right, ive squatted 900+ several times in the combo in the gym and twice in a meet with a close call with 955.

douglasoh5
02-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Nothing compairs to a leviathon. Anyone who has depth prblems with any suit their form just sucks. 99% of the top lifters use it. All of west side and all of big use it. Youd think people would try and do what these gyms do since their the best.

Brian Hopper
02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I forgot I even posted this thread, lol.