PDA

View Full Version : for lifting buffalo

NordicMan
02-08-2009, 10:30 AM
On IronMind's site I see the cambered bar that they call a buffalo bar. How has this worked for anyone who has tried it out?

I use a regular bar, sometimes it bothers my neck or back, during squats. I am planning to use a trap bar, but then I noticed this buffalo bar.

slashkills
02-08-2009, 10:40 AM
trap bar for squats? ive never used one but ive heard good things

NordicMan
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Well, I thought it seemed like a good idea, the trap bar, since I do not have a power rack, and I train at home. There is only me in the house. What I need to do is get a power rack, but that costs something. Actually, I am thinking to build one out of timbers.

For back squats, the idea of a cambered bar sounds good. I've just wondered how anyone else liked one of them.

Lones Green
02-09-2009, 03:19 AM
They are easy on the shoulders.

Ben Moore
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
I always start when the buffalo are young and lift them every day as per Milo...;)

sambone
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I've used one numerous times. I like it alot, it's really forgiving on your shoulders expecially if you squat low bar.

Brian C
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I've used one numerous times. I like it alot, it's really forgiving on your shoulders expecially if you squat low bar.

I love the bar for this fact. If your tight in the shoulders(which most of us are) then its the bar for you.